Considering the Amiko A4K. Is it worth it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr. Sheep

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 6, 2018
United States
Title says it all. Do you guys think it's worth it and what do you think its best features are?

Also, as a side note, is the DVBMarket Panorama Pro 67 satellite dish any good?

Sent from my SM-G955U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: Mr. Sheep
I wouldn't get that receiver, it's already out of date. Spend a little more and get this one: Titanium Satellite - Store

As for that dish, it appears a bit small. Why are you wanting to import a dish and pay that shipping cost, when you can buy good ones here and save money? Here's a superior one, including a lnb for free: 48 Inch 120 cm 1.2 M Offset Satellite Dish & HD SL1PLL LNBF | eBay
Not looking to get it, I was just wondering because it's the cheapest dish I've ever seen and I was just wondering about how well it performs. Frankly, I'm not surprised that it's not good. I already have a dish so I don't need an extra.

Well, if a person knows nothing about fta, and never even used a receiver, IMO the Mio is just as easy to learn as a regular appliance receiver. Once he has the basics down, it's a done deal. Those are still the same even with a super receiver such as the Mio.

Last edited:
Quite honestly, I'm probably never going to be able to get any high end receiver for a long time. Is there a good receiver that you'd recommend that works with S2 and HD that is under $50 (if nothing, then under $100)

I just checked his store, and he's out of stock. No telling if he'll get more. https://estsatellite.com/shop?olsPage=products/amiko-mini-hd265
Why would you say that? I have a shelf full of them and they are still selling quite good. It says zero because I ran out of power supplies and the shipment I ordered is driving me to the crazy waiting on it. I get the Amikos with a PS, but it is for EU and I refuse to ship with a flimsy adapter. So yes I have them!

Why would you say that? I have a shelf full of them and they are still selling quite good. It says zero because I ran out of power supplies and the shipment I ordered is driving me to the crazy waiting on it. I get the Amikos with a PS, but it is for EU and I refuse to ship with a flimsy adapter. So yes I have them!

Sorry, out of stock usually means there aren't any. I wasn't sure how quickly he wanted to buy one.

Amiko Mini HD265

$94.00

This item is out of stock

As far as the A4K, I have had one of those for a couple years or more and didn't carry it for the NA market, even though they wanted me to. It works great for the most part, but had too many little quirks that I was not satisfied with. I don't want to sell it that way. Most people wouldn't even notice the 2 quirks it had, but for those of us power users that did, I didn't want my name one it. :D
The A5 Combo on the other had is an Awesome Android box! However, with it, I saw the writing on the wall with everything going E2, so have decided to wait and see with the next model. They(Amiko) too are migrating to Linux based E2.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Can a FTA Receiver Scan Orby TV

New Dish Network Commercial Dish ES216400

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)