Contest: Enter to Win a Titanium Satellite C1PLL LNBF and CS1 Conical Scalar - Ends 12/16/2013 Midni

Status
Please reply by conversation.
One of my favorite memories when I was a six years old and lived in Philly my grandfather gave me a stuffed dog he told me that it was going to protect me at night time and that it was my watch dog while I was asleep. I have always treasure that gift that my grandfather gave me. And i still have that stufed dog with me. I am now 40 years old and my grandfather is 88 years old and hes is still very strong man. And everytime I see that stuffed dog it brings a lot of good memories of what has become my life and the meaning of that gift from my grandfather. That he will always be watching me.

Cheers
Nelson

Christmas 1975 --- OK, it was Dec 12 1975 -- I married My WONDERFUL WIFE. That has made every Christmas since then AWESOME! OK, every day since then has been at least wonderful! We got married on Saturday, the snow came down so deep that we could not leave town to go to our Honeymoon cabin, so we went home! The next day, we sang in a cantata - the rented risers were unsafe, so I asked my wife for her adjustable open end wrench to repair them. The look on the director's face when she pulled it out of her purse was priceless. Got the job done, too.

Last edited:
It seems strange but my favorite Christmas was 1967 when I was 7 years old. I remember my family had moved into the house the year before and it was so cool to have the whole family together including my Grandmother. The only thing I remember I got was a little train that if you put it on a table it would never drive off the edge. I cannot completely say why I remember that year but it stands out to me.

chapelrun

Had to be going to my Grandparents house for Christmas. I can still smell the food and of course the cookies...... Cookies everywhere! :D

My favorite Christmas memories were traveling from where we lived at the time back home to my parent's hometown (where I live now) and seeing my aunts and uncles, cousins, grandparents and other family. Having to sit at the "kid's table" for Christmas dinner...turkey, fried chicken, sweet potatoes, veggies from Grandma and Grandpa's garden, Grandma's boiled custard, Aunt Paula's lemon icebox pie (nice and tart!), outdoor adventures with my brother and cousin Dennis, too many games of Monopoly and dominoes to count, the soles of my sneakers melting onto the in-floor furnace...hard to pick just one greatest/fondest memory :)

My favorite Christmas memory is piling into my family's Aerostar and driving from Overland Park, KS to Boonville and Fayette, MO where my grandparents lived. We'd listen to a cassette tape of Kenny & Dolly Christmas songs the whole way there. The two hour drive felt like forever! As a kid, these trips were all about the presents. But as I get older, I really treasure the time I got with family.

my favorite Christmas

One year when I was a kid the power went out. We had a roaring fire in the fireplace to keep warm, pizza for our Christmas dinner, and because the power was out got to open presents before doing dishes (but not before taking family photos which is when the power came back on). We still got to open gifts before doing dishes.

I think all my best holiday memories are from Grandma's house at Christmas.

The decorations, the smells of the turkey dinner, all the aunts, uncles, cousins around the table. The regular traditions every year like going downtown to look at the displays in the department store windows. Putting out the cookies and milk for Santa on the same table by the fireplace every year, and they were always eaten.

And Grandma was the biggest kid of all of us - every year she would always suggest we open at least one present on Christmas Eve, and every year there would be a banter with all the other adults until it was decided we all had to wait until morning.

The smell of candles, the good silverware, the weird Swedish food (smoked eel and knäckebröd, ah), parents that yust went nuts at Christmas and are now gone but the memories remain.

I was just thinking about running down the stairs as a kid and checking the stockings on the cardboard fireplace :p Yes back in the 70s some store must have sold a fake redbrick fireplace so kids wouldn't worry how Santa was going to deliver the presents.

The Christmas gift which I remember most fondly were skates which could be attached to regular winter boots. The skates had specially shaped tabs which could grab the soles and heels. The tabs were moved by bolts having left and right hand threads. It was 59 years ago, when I was 8, but I still remember this gift...

The contest is now closed. In a few hours, the winner drawn at random on random.org. Good luck to everyone!

Thank you for all of the great stories and sharing memories. Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

And the winner is..... #33 :everybodydance:

Congratulations to SatPhreak! You have won the C1-PLL C-band LNBF and CS1 Conical Scalar! Please PM me your contact and shipping information within 10 days to claim your prize.

Wow, I just realized I won! Many many thanks to Titanium and his great products. I'm overjoyed and see some microBUDing in the near future. Thanks again.

Just got the package in the mail today, and I was suprised to find a PLL-1KS Ku band lnbf as well as a C1PLL and conical scaler kit.

I tried the Ku band lnbf and quality numbers appear to be the same as my old lnbf, but I could scan in NBC Mountain and NBC west on 103W with normal skew. I've never got any of the NBCs on 103W before. I can't wait for warmer temps to try the c band lnbf on my 36" dish.

Thanks again to Brian at Titanium Satellite for the great prize.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)