Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
ambilight tv
Looks sweet!

ambilight_1miljoen_small.jpg

"coolest" ? No offense, but...

IMHO I think this is EXACTLY what is wrong with consumers; more worried about being "in" or "cool" and having what the industry says is hip, as opposed to buying smart/correct.

Now that being said, don't you find the ambilight totally annoying and of no use to the actual image?

I agree with all of the above; I too saw an Ambilight and all I could think was you paid how much extra to distract your eyes from the movie?

I agree with all of the above; I too saw an Ambilight and all I could think was you paid how much extra to distract your eyes from the movie?

They had this sort of thing back in the late '50s/early '60s. Didn't catch on then. Then there was the whole backlight your projector with a 6500k flourescent movement in the '90s. That didn't really catch on either.

Then there was the whole backlight your projector with a 6500k flourescent...
You mean the projected image on a screen? That idea is alive and well.
Can be not very easy to do, but it is scientifically sound and not a fade.

Diogen.

I too have decent DIY backlighting for my FPTV jayn_j, I think it is smart for best viewing and ease to the eye, but not a color and/or intensity fluctuating color.

I have dim light behind my entertainment center so I'm not sitting in total darkness when watching movies, no light reflecting off the screen.

Everytime I tell someone that I plan on having a tv screen over 100 inches they are very impressed and many have not heard of the projectors. I think there is a market for them here and I might try to start selling them and use these rooms I am fixing up where I plan on putting one as a demonstration room. I am sure I can get some sales from this. Could even make some extra income selling them the bulbs maintaining them.

ambilight

Ambilight is like neon lights under your car, totally useless.:D

I was out cruising the streets in my '05 GTO and some kid asked me why I didn't have what he referred to as "drag lights" = neon lights. I was joking and asked him how much horsepower those things give you. He said " I think they help some". I was thinking Wow! This kid needs to go to mechanic school for a couple of weeks LOL

Most of those "bells and whistles" are pretty useless especially on a tv. I want pic quality and accuracy-not some fancy flourescent light around the edges.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)