Coolsat 8000 broken???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, alright Jim, that is great news. I know it is easy to overlook or think that the cable they shipped is good. I mentioned the cable might be the problem and I thought you had already tried a different one with no luck. Either way, glad to hear it is working again for ya. Now go enjoy some FTA HD you lucky dog. I don't have an HD box for FTA yet.... :)

Problem solved. Receiver updated and running locals. It was the supposedly null F/F serial cable includud in the Coolsat 8000 shipment. That cable was either not null or defective. Drove 25 miles and got a new one. Had I had another cable at hand, this would have been resolved a whole lot sooner.
whoops...I never thought about the cable as I have my own setup already :)

Let me repeat my appreciation to all those who offered their help and suggeations, especially SatinKzo and Iceberg who hung in there from the beginning. Couldn't have done it without them.
we're here to help :)

Iceberg, if you read this, Your instructions were right on. Might I make a suggestion, though? When scanning for locals (DTV) the 460,000kh scan starting point may be too high. I complained that I could not get my most powerful OTA channels. Finally, on a hunch, I started to scan at 100,000Kh in increments of 1,000 and went to lunch. My missing channels came right up in the 190,000Kh range, far below factory default settings.

you must have a digital channel on VHF. I forgot to mention that. The 460000 is if all your digital channels are UHF (as they are here in Minneapolis...the lowest digital channel is 16)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Did something change on G10r ku (for the better)?

setting up dish for Hispasat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)