coolsat ...how to add a new satellite?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dogs1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2004
How do I add a satellite thats now on the list on the receiver?... I dont see anything in the manual and I do not see that option on the menu, please help.
:confused:

ok, i got that but i cant add the frequency?? anymore advice?

After you have programmed in the new satellite, back out and select "manual scan"

You can add a new transponder there. Hit the red button to add one

Talking about Coosat, once you scan in all your channels for the satellites you have can you upload that list to another receiver like my viewsat platinum or can I upload to my computer and would that file be compatible with the viewsat.Or could I save it as a spreadsheet then dowload to the viewsat?

Dave

Eastcoast said:
Talking about Coosat, once you scan in all your channels for the satellites you have can you upload that list to another receiver like my viewsat platinum or can I upload to my computer and would that file be compatible with the viewsat.Or could I save it as a spreadsheet then dowload to the viewsat?

Dave

I'd say Channel Master would be able to read from one stb and write to another one. Whether or not these two boxes are supported has to be verified with the latest Channel Master here http://www.sharpc.com/CM/update.aspx

Thanks

I'll check it out I just got the coolsat this week and the viewsat platinum won't do a blind scan with the latest factory software or at least i can't get it to work.

Eastcoast

My channel list was able to go from a Pansat 1500 to my Coolsat 5000 with no issues via Channelmaster (and the Coolsat channel editing program)

I don't guarantee anything. I tried to do a load from a list of G10 to my KUsat (Digiwave) and froze it up. Had ot do some quick "switch on switch off" to get it back to normal

Thats ok i won't blame you but I got to find an easier way to put channels in the viewsat since I got it and I never did get a reply to my email to the support for viewsat about the blindscan and how i can't seem to get any sense out of it.

Hey ICE, what do you think about creating a sticky with all of these little utilities and tools ? It would be a good place to collect all of them and update it as new things are found and posted here. I can do the scavanging and PM you with the list and URLs(don't mean to give you extra work) ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)