Couple dumb questions if I could please :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Daisymay2249

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Feb 23, 2011
north of Texas
How do you get the H24 700 receiver to beep when searching for satellite? For full disclosure I was able to get my setup going without the beeper, but was totally stumped as to why I could not get beeper on.

Am helping a friend now and he is asking the same question about getting the beeper going. in thE SD unit there is a seting to turn it on/off but cant find anything in the H24 700. We live in very remote area believe it or not, takes the better part of 2 hours on atv through bush, that`s why self install btw

Sure you can see the signal, but not much good up on the roof, my SD unit I just open the window and turn tv up loud.

So ya, thanks to you guys I am up and running, just friend now am trying to help

Thanks if anybody is willing :)

Don't you know there is no such thing as a dumb question? :p Seriously, I don't think the H/HR series beep, do they? Maybe I'm the dummy here!

Thanks Chip

That would explain why I cant get it to beep. He will have to just do it like I did, up and down the tv tower. Thanks

Why they would do away with beeping I wonder? I guess really not intended for self install and pro installers have everything I guess is the answer.

I found it without the beeper, 2 people can shout back at each other according to the visual signal.

Thanks

I don't recall the Beep working on ANY of the D* branded recvrs....
Probably turned it off as was mentioned to make it more advisable to have a installer do it with the meters.

Oh ya D12 100 have beeping, and the funny thing is this...in the help menu of the H24700 it mentions audio feedback in the form of a beep, probably just never updated help menu.

I don't recall the Beep working on ANY of the D* branded recvrs....
Probably turned it off as was mentioned to make it more advisable to have a installer do it with the meters.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts