Couple Glorystar questions (general ones)

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Got a couple questions in regards to the GeosatPro 200 and the Glorystar mode.

I updated the software to 1.57 and put it in Glorystar mode to see how it works. I have to note I am very impressed with it. Set up the dish, (using the stock 36" dish...except mine is attached to a busted SG2100 motor) ;) put it on G* mode and all the channels pop in that are G* approved. But have a couple questions

-what is the icon lit on the screen (see pic)? I assume its because its a Glorystar channel? (so in the system it figures if the icon is lit then load it in the list)
-How is the channel list organization thought up? I understand the channel number split based on language (which ROCKS by the way) but who decides that Channel B goes in spot 105 and Channel C is at 180 when they both are English?
I figured that all the English channels on one transponder would be in order. Like the TBN mux. I figured TBN, Church, Smile and JCTV would be in numerical order and not scattered.
-Any way to add Press TV to the news portion of the list? The fact that the new software disables the install menu I just wondered. (I know I can go into hobbyist mode but pretty much all the 97W channels I watch are in the G* mode but that one)

Attachments

• PICT0143.JPG
    PICT0143.JPG
    872.8 KB · Views: 207
The icon that is lit up means that channel is in your favorites list. I assume that in Glorystar mode there still is a favorites list but it is hidden and not accessible to the user. The only way for the user to add channels would be to do factory reset and enter the advanced mode and the install menu and channel list can be accessed.

Glad to hear that you like the Glorystar experience! :D

The channel order is a combination of historical channel order and the chronological order that the channel was added to the Glorystar line-up and the available open channel assignments.

The icon that is lit up means that channel is in your favorites list. I assume that in Glorystar mode there still is a favorites list but it is hidden and not accessible to the user.
all the channels have that. So I guess in G* mode the favorites is the G* approved channels ;)

The only way for the user to add channels would be to do factory reset and enter the advanced mode and the install menu and channel list can be accessed.
yes thats what I figured. Was thinking of folks who dont want to use that option. Got a couple relatives who are thinking of getting G* and I figured the simpler it is the happier I would be (less troubleshooting) ;)

Glad to hear that you like the Glorystar experience! :D
I've had the reciever for a year and a half and only used the G* mode at the beginning. Saw lots of changes since the original setup :)

The channel order is a combination of historical channel order and the chronological order that the channel was added to the Glorystar line-up and the available open channel assignments.
I figured it was something like that.

yeah I just realized that. I kept hitting favorite and got no pop up but then realized I was on channel 1
Flipped to 100 then was able to sort out by language which is pretty cool :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts