Cozi and Grit coming to Lafayette

localclassictvfan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 26, 2015
Lafayette, Louisiana
Media General has a block deal with Cozi network and Grit has a deal to launch on the 50 xmitter. I got in contact with Delta Media and was told we're working on technical issues with ThisTV but we are working on a couple of channels. I sent something to KLFY and someone replied to my post.

My source tell me that Cozi will launch soon on KLFY and I assume WLNS. The other 5 I assume will get it too with this block deal. He also replied that Grit could come in January 2016 or sometime this year. He messaged back to delta where he got his info and well he was told "Sorry I cant reveal my sources right now". I do believe the man tells my source the truth. When H&I launched he could'nt tell me which one was replacing Antenna so I called Weigel. However the last time I spoke with them they said they did'nt see anything about the other 2 diginets were launching also but lady did say that the LAFAYETTE Channel was working on adding something else in the future. Well in that case that wont be to hard to figure out if you have two of Weigel's then we already know the other two. I messaged Delta after they told me to just wait and see what comes on but I ended up getting this "I appreciate you so much posting good things and wanting Decades, Movies!, Grit, Escape, Laff, and GetTV. I cannot go into more detail or where I got my info but keep checking back in a couple of months, remember our conversation about two ThisTV and Bryan you said ThisTV is ok but we need more movie diginets, well lets get the This TV back on track then we'll move on from there. If you wanna call Weigel go ahead but that wont be necessary. Again Thanks for your interest and keep checking back in a month or two." AS for Get and Laff that is not in the plans but my source tells me that Escape, Movies! and Decades will join Grit either later in the year or sometime in "16. I got in contact with the Grit/Escape/Laff people finally and they told me once we launch Baton Rouge and some other places then we will move on to other markets. I asked him about Lafayette and he said the market was on his list to launch but no deal has been made, he told me "You have 2 stations that basically we cannot do anything with, KATC owner we tried to launch but they just upgraded their CW, in which I thought your 50 was the CW but I find out through a 2nd party that 50 lost the CW affiliation. That Bryan maybe a good thing because you have one company owning 3 stations and if they have the power, dude the endless opportunities. I see your 45 miles from the Lake Charles Transmitter well Grit will launch Jan 1, to get back to the conversation your other Conglomerate which is owned by Nexstar well I found out NBC was launching on your KLAF 46 and well when we made an agreement with Raycom on 39 WBXH that station was the next I was going to make my move. Once Nextstar bought it out that went off the table. As you well know Nexstar does not like to subchannel and they love to do the duopoly and triopoly. Which makes your market the special kid because KADN is the only TV station to my knowledge that has 3 of the 6 major networks on the same channel (putting KLAF in on the .2) Yes Laff is pretty much out the question for now in your area unless the 50 owners add it. However, get back with us later and we should have more info but Grit/Escape in Lafayette we'll see what transpires later on. I got into contact with Get owners and they are still working on Lafayette and other stations but nothing yet. As for Justice well they were looking at the .3 on Media Stations that lost LWN and did not have the 24hr weather on the .3, but after getting into contact with them an agreement is off the table for now. A big rumor is Baton Rouge, the Grit/Escape is a definite go on WBXH. Word has it WBRZ was getting a diginet on the .4 then possibly H&I going to 30.4 replacing the ever so wonderfull finally shutting down Soul of the South. A possible deal with Antenna TV could go to 2, 9, or possibly WBRZ sister station WBTR 41 which is THIS. I talked to a rep from WVLA and he said there was a chance for a station on the .2 and I said Nexstar does'nt like to subchannel, yeah he said I wish Sinclair, Gannett, or Media would have bought CCA out, we would have some stuff...

As time goes on I will update more....

This is a joke. OK I have had at least 5 people tell me that the 4 aformentioned stations were launching on Delta Media. I get in contact with the owner, but I throw the ace of spades on the deck, ask him can you please add another movie diginet THIS TV is garbage, a joke, a waste of not one but two subchannels.....Yeah how stupid 2 this tv in lafayette. He says do not believe rumors we are not launching anything in the foreseeable future. These people do not know what they are talking about. OK so I said what about when you said you were working on a possible deal on a new diginet that would launch sometime in September and I called Weigel and asked what is launching in Louisiana they said Heroes and Icons July 1st. Well I am not supposed to reveal my sources. I then said to him all i asked is a replacement for this and what about your fanbase that left because of losing Antenna off KDCG. Well I been getting some ugly messages from people Bryan and I appreciate you liking the new line up. I then said add the grit, escape, decades, and movies! you got 3 channels. Yeah but I probably do not have enough bandwidth. I said well you told me that you could'nt put two channels on 22 but you have THIS and H&I, he replies, well we working on some technical problems in two weeks it will be back to normal. Two Weeks passed. I said sir I am not trying to play you for dumb it's just you are not launching anything in the foreseeable future and 10 other people said you were. I asked what is the foreseeable future. I am always looking to add something. I got another message for someone else close to the station source and found out that we could see the 4 diginets mentioned above in 2016. I called Weigel and they have nothing being launched in Lafayette from now till the end of the year but the lady said that there some stations, and one was owned by the group that launched H&I, that are in talks of maybe launching the other two diginets (Decades and Movies!) come next year. I get a fb message that said Decades was launching on a Delta Media station in October. I give up. I must be crazy......Oh and Grit is a go in early 2016 for KLWB. Yeah I asked the owner about that and said just check back in January.......So for now just waiting for COZI to launch on Channel 10. I need to get drunk and let this diginet craziness go......

I need to get drunk and let this diginet craziness go......

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!

For god sakes man...its just TV. Why are you going crazy calling all these people asking will you launch __________________ on your channel? So you don't get a specific diginet. BIG WHOOP! Be happy with what you got. Good god right now where I am with my monster antenna setup I get CBS, Decades (due to my CBS being O&O) and PBS. FOX and ABC are in ANALOG! Oh and I do get Ion. The digital Fox translator is too far away to keep the signal stable all the time. Its real hit and miss. I do occasionally (if its kinda humid) get ABC in digital (which gives me MeTV too)

If the weather cooperates I might get Minneapolis at night which allows me to see some of the diginets but the only ones I would watch are Me & Antenna.But since NBC is on VHF I can't get it at all. There is no translator nearby. At least you have access to NBC ;)

I don't let it get to me. I just enjoy what I have access too

Reactions: osu1991
Yeah I should be glad for what I have but its like you get one you want the rest. Its like I am being greedy over 4 diginets we'll eventually get by 2017. Oh got ahold of KLFY finally and the lady (from an email), saying haha i bet you went nuts when cozi launched 3 affiliates and then the frown hit when it wasn't us. We appreciate your positive response to our station, as for what you think of the new our owner well thats your business but in due time around the fall your wish on 10.2 will come true. I drank some apple crown with sprite twice and I fell better. Now for the weekend to buy the new 8 bay. If I get more channels fine if not ok we'll get them eventually. Still ThisTV sucks.

I apologize for overreacting about something I cannot control when by the end of next year I will have all what I dont have now. I will try my best not to degrade the stations in my DMA and their owners on this site. I will be honest though they're are alot of folks besides me in Acadiana that want more and seeing their comments to the TV stations is beyond ruthless. I'll leave it at that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)