Credit check

This one IS legit, as I was directed to it years ago when I was pulling credit reports from the big 3:
You would think that, but they are just as bad with customers data, this is from two years ago-

After The Washington Post revealed ICE’s use of the data in February, Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) pushed the National Consumer Telecom & Utilities Exchangeto end the sale of more than 170 million people’s names, home addresses, Social Security numbers and other details gathered from companies that provide the essential elements of modern life.

The exchange had given the information, known as utility header data, to the credit bureau Equifax, which then sold it for use in databases, such as Thomson Reuters’s CLEAR, that are searched by private investigators, government agencies and the police.

Reactions: charlesrshell
This online information sharing is getting out of hand. I realize the benefits, but I'm not sure the risks are worth it.

I was with Blue Cross/Blue Shield for 30+ years until about 4 years ago. I received notice three days ago that they have had a data breach and that my Name, Address, Birth date, Account numbers, Social Security number, etc. has been stolen.

So, BCBS has provided me with one year's free IDX Identity Protection Services. Guess what the first thing they want to know is.........my Name, Address, Birth date, Account numbers, Social Security number, etc. Yeah, like I'm going to put it out there again with another online service.

This online information sharing is getting out of hand. I realize the benefits, but I'm not sure the risks are worth it.

I was with Blue Cross/Blue Shield for 30+ years until about 4 years ago. I received notice three days ago that they have had a data breach and that my Name, Address, Birth date, Account numbers, Social Security number, etc. has been stolen.

So, BCBS has provided me with one year's free IDX Identity Protection Services. Guess what the first thing they want to know is.........my Name, Address, Birth date, Account numbers, Social Security number, etc. Yeah, like I'm going to put it out there again with another online service.
I got one of those 1 or 2 year offers from an annuity.

Remember the movie " Catch Me If You Can"? About the impersonator .

They interviewed the actual guy after movie was out.

He said the pros steal an identity or whatever and quietly sit on it for 5 or more years before they do the scam. Long after everyone has forgotten

So 1 year ID theft protection Is like a fart in the wind.

If I go to the Password security check or whatever it's called on my browsers, VPN, etc, damn near EVERY site has been breached and my info has been stolen. That includes the site Techs use.

Now that's an organization that probably has a file on every person on this planet on its servers. I've known people who've worked there, but I don't think they do credit reporting.
They might not because SoFi.com had life insurance quotes with ladder.com where one would get $25 free money just to get a quote and that was who supplied the information. That was how I knew they existed originally.