Cricket World Cup 2011

Yeah, I have the same question ... if it's not HD, how do I get a refund? I'm probably better off buying it from willow.tv for the same price and will have access everywhere.

*EDIT TO LAST POST* I just got word that ICC WILL be available in HD. Sorry for any confusion, our sites will be updated shortly to reflect this.
fyi..

This is what i still see on dish website on PPV order section for ICC word cup 2011 ppv event. Seems like it hasn't been updated yet.
Channel Remaining Showtimes
455 2:00am

Matthew:
This might be a 'trivial' question. I have subscribed to the PPV Worldcup Cricket event. When I tune in on chanel 455 (SD), it says 'Customers who have subscribed to this upcoming event...." while when I tune in on chanel 455 (HD), it just shows 'Dish Network HD'. Why the message on chanel 454 and 455 not the same? Just curious or may be anxious about HD telecast!

PPV order page has now included the following sentence - "Purchase includes HD broadcast when available"

Yes, it's vague, but at least it's something. We now need to find out which matches will be shown in HD.

PPV order page has now included the following sentence - "Purchase includes HD broadcast when available"

Yes, it's vague, but at least it's something. We now need to find out which matches will be shown in HD.

As far as I know....all the matches will be produced in HD. It depends on the broadcaster to select which matches to broadcast in HD or SD or both. I received a mail from willow.tv that all the matches on their site will be in HD....so I guess Dish will have all the games in HD also.

If you order the event on or before 2/18/11, you get the early bird pricing at $129, 2/19/11 and later it will be $149. You get the HD and SD versions with the purchase of the package. If you have satellites 110 or 72.7 installed (you should, if not, you need to be migrated), you will get all the games. Sorry about any confusion.
Hi Matt I have the following satellites, Can you please tell me if I'll be able to get it in HD or if I need to change something.
77, 72, 61.5, 118

Hi Matt I have the following satellites, Can you please tell me if I'll be able to get it in HD or if I need to change something.
77, 72, 61.5, 118

I'm assuming you mean 72.7 when you say 72. Yes, you will get channel 454 (the HD PPV channel) on 72.7
I notice you're a newbie, so for future reference, you can go to SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - Subscription subdish to see which channels fall under a particular satellite.

As far as I know....all the matches will be produced in HD. It depends on the broadcaster to select which matches to broadcast in HD or SD or both. I received a mail from willow.tv that all the matches on their site will be in HD....so I guess Dish will have all the games in HD also.

Let's hope so. I see myself not getting much sleep those 6 weeks ;)

I'm assuming you mean 72.7 when you say 72. Yes, you will get channel 454 (the HD PPV channel) on 72.7
I notice you're a newbie, so for future reference, you can go to SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - Subscription subdish to see which channels fall under a particular satellite.

Good answer here. You'll get them no problem. As far as HD availability for ALL games, I'm not too sure, we don't have the schedule yet. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Matt:
Once we pay for the PPV event (Worldcup Cricket), will we be able to see it on all the receivers at our home? We have 1 HDDVR, 2 HD receivers and 2 SD receivers.
Also, how come I am able to see my payment in 'payment history' only in my HDDVR and not in other receivers?

If you ordered it using your remote, it will only show on that receiver. If you order it via phone (whether it be IVR or an agent), or online at dish.com, it goes to all receivers on the account.

Matt:
I ordered it by calling Dish Network 1-800#. Hence I should be able to see the PPV event on all the Receivers. Still the purchase is seen in 'Purchase History' only in the HDDVR and not in the other receivers. Any reason to be concerned about? Do I need to call Dish Network again? Or it's OK?

I think you should delete the post and send him a PM, I feel the urge to call you just because your number is here. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)