Cricket World Cup 2011

I would say someone was smart on Dish Network to help you out. Most of them are dumb idiots who never will understand what customer service means. Maybe we all should purchase and see if we get double, triple quadruple charged on all receivers, then dispute CC and do chargebacks. Maybe Dish system is smart then their idiotic customer service reps to understand not to charge account multiple times for same PPV purchases and sends signals to all receivers to watch it.

Dont post your name, quietly enjoy it , they made a mistake, you are lucky, someone was dumb at their end and ok'ed all 4 receivers. Enjoy quitly

I don't think so people need your advice to buy the same package 2 times whereas we already pay for multiple recivers, HD services, DVR services and we get totally bad service from your company. Hope somebody instills sense to higher authorites at Dish so that they can stop doing bad business practices like bait and switch. Please go talk to someone higher at Dish who can make decisions in users favor hopefully. Please come back to us if you have any update. I think most users would agree with what is written above. STOP BAD BUSINESS !

I apologize for all the misinformation you have received. Cricket World Cup is when purchased, will be authorized on the primary receiver on the account. Additional receivers can be authorized by paying for the event for an additional receiver. If you would like my assistance in getting this done, please let me know. I will need your account info PM'ed to me but let me know because I don't think you can do that yet. Thank you!

Last edited:
In my view, the policy should be same as for other sports events. No reason to make exceptions for one specific event! On this basis alone, I agree this is bad business practice indeed. Not sure if its based on racial profiling, but I would give Dish the benefit of trying to explain its logic before going there. I doubt they would offer and explanation though unless there was a significant hue and cry.

I need to clarify some information on this thread. I do not know what the OP is looking at but I can assure everyone that there is no way to authorize the ICC World Cup on any additional receivers. The primary receiver on an account will be the only one displaying this PPV event. This is all done through the computer system and cannot be changed. Customer's can purchase the PPV for additional receivers, but that is the only other option available.

I chatted with a CSR and they said the package is $149 starting 2/19 and refused to add the package for $129 today. I looked at earlier forum posts and other Dish press releases on google and they all say it is $129 until 2/19, $149 after. Can anyone confirm if you were able to add for $129 today. Thanks.

Last edited:
Wow.. this thread has exploded.

Stayed up all night watching India vs Bangladesh... cricket in HD is sweet!! I cannot watch SD cricket ever again. Hoping for 3D in 2015 (quite possible given that the world cup will be in Aus/NZ then)

Here are a few gripes I have about the PPV, considering Dish is charging as much as $149 for the tournament
1. Ads. Are you kidding me? PPV & ads?? Ridiculous.
2. Willow Cricket logo? What's the deal with the branding? I paid money.. I know who's showing it. If you must show the logo, at least make it transparent
3. Only one HD channel? I still cannot figure out why dish has only one PPV HD channel for sporting events. So, we have to settle for some matches in SD. I also noticed that the India vs. England match next week is right after UFC. What happens if UFC goes over time? Obviously, they'll show UFC in its entirety, because cricket after all isn't "important" for American broadcasters.
4. Audio sounds pretty ordinary.
5. Extra receivers on the same account requires extra charges. Funny that cricket events are the only ones which have this rule.
6. Online coverage requires purchase from willow.tv .. another $149. I have Sling, so I'm covered. This is clearly a ploy to get people to buy a Sling adapter ($99), which I must admit is pretty cool device.

I agree.. Since I am paying for PPV, why do I have to watch advertisements during the live stream? This is unacceptable. Otherwise please don't make this as PPV event.

The logo of Willow TV with "Live" is too big for the screen and especially since I have bought PPV event, I know from whom I bought this package. I would have been okay with the logo if the matches were broadcasted on your Willow Cricket channel but on PPV, not acceptable...

Really bad that they don't mention about the 1 receiver online when you purchase the event.
And I agree that ads in a PPV event is ridiculous, especially with the quality of the ads.

ateet said:
I would say someone was smart on Dish Network to help you out. Most of them are dumb idiots who never will understand what customer service means. Maybe we all should purchase and see if we get double, triple quadruple charged on all receivers, then dispute CC and do chargebacks. Maybe Dish system is smart then their idiotic customer service reps to understand not to charge account multiple times for same PPV purchases and sends signals to all receivers to watch it.

Wow, how many times do the dish reps here have to say it'll only be activated on one receiver before you people actually get it? Oh wait, you do get it and it looks like you just are trying to scam the system. Good luck with your chargeback method, hope it's worth breaking your contract and having dish ruin your credit. As for your comment about the reps, well, people in glass houses...

The whole emphasis on expanding this thead and people are unhappy with Dish is because customer service reps on phone tell totally contradictory story when compared to reps on this forum. People ordered the package long before dish reps in this or any other forum confirmed that it will only be available on one receiver. What do you mean by "scam the system" ? Nobody here really needs your opinion regarding system and how it works. Stop posting such biased opinions about scamming the sytem. System works the way it is, so let's leave it there.

Dish should have clear and concise policies regarding PPV purchases. Can't work with customers on their whims. End of story.

Wow, how many times do the dish reps here have to say it'll only be activated on one receiver before you people actually get it? Oh wait, you do get it and it looks like you just are trying to scam the system. Good luck with your chargeback method, hope it's worth breaking your contract and having dish ruin your credit. As for your comment about the reps, well, people in glass houses...

Thanks. It would have been better if this was disclosed before, not now. Authorize everybody on all receivers and don't charge multiple times. That is the way it works for all PPV purchases from what I understand.

I need to clarify some information on this thread. I do not know what the OP is looking at but I can assure everyone that there is no way to authorize the ICC World Cup on any additional receivers. The primary receiver on an account will be the only one displaying this PPV event. This is all done through the computer system and cannot be changed. Customer's can purchase the PPV for additional receivers, but that is the only other option available.

The question is, does Dish have a consistent policy for PPV or they make policies as they wish ?

For example: just check this URL: Hindi International Satellite TV & Hindi International Channels

This clearly says:

"Watch the Cricket World Cup on DISH!
DISH Network brings you the ICC Cricket World Cup - Live in HD (also available in SD)! Get ready for the action!"

However a few games of this ICC World Cup won't be shown in HD... again misleading information from Dish Network. How as a consumer I am supposed to know which games Dish is not showing in HD. (just because they have only on HD PPV Channel).

Please don't take customers for granted.

ateet said:
What do you mean by "scam the system" ? Nobody here really needs your opinion regarding system and how it works. Stop posting such biased opinions about scamming the sytem. System works the way it is, so let's leave it there.

Dish should have clear and concise policies regarding PPV purchases. Can't work with customers on their whims. End of story.

By scam the system, I mean this:

ateet said:
Maybe we all should purchase and see if we get double, triple quadruple charged on all receivers, then dispute CC and do chargebacks..

Oh and I'll express my opinions all I want here, thank you. If some people want continue to embarrass themselves to save (or make) a few bucks, then so be it. I must say, I'm enjoying this thread immensely.

This is a scam. In today's competitive world, unethical business practices can quickly lead to a company's doom. Dish should act quickly to solve the matter - either let customers cancel the event (only 1 day out of 45 days has elapsed) or activate multiple receivers.

I think Dish CSRs have purposefully misinformed customers when they took orders. They never gave me full information. Now, when I realized and called back to cancel, they are not allowing me to do that. If this is not a scam, what is?

And, why shall I order from Dish if it is not coming on multiple receivers? Willow TV offers a similarly priced deal and it is quite easy to hook up your TV to the internet. The only reason I went for Dish is because I wanted the event to come on all 3 of my receivers.

Anyways, if Dish does not act quickly, I am sure they will face the consequences. I would have been OK if they had just let me cancel and move on. But, they want to keep my money. Now, I will have to spend $129 more to buy from Willow so that I have the flexibility to watch the games anywhere I want.

Btw, if Direct TV/Comcast reps are here, please email me. I will cancel my remaining Dish programming as soon as my contract gets over. I will get over the money loss but not the scam/ unethical practice. If they do this with existing paying customers for just $129, how can we trust them with credit card information and other stuff? I normally don't post in these forums but thought it is worth registering and posting here because unethical practices should not be tolerated.

Hey Guys, Dish Network apparently designated the receiver in my bedroom as primary but I want to watch cricket in the family room... Is there a way this can be done without paying additional $$$

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)