Curious question...

n1wbd

Silent Key - RIP 1/2/2012
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Grafton,NH
Now that digital tv has been out for awhile how many of you have gone out and replaced your digital convertor box with a hdtv?

Just wondering how many boxes are now gathering dust and will be seen soon at a yard sale near you?? :)

I myself would like to find a used one to try here the OTA tuner in my Vip222 sucks and won't get my PBS station thats only 15 miles down the road from me.

Maybe someone has one for sale cheap? I prefer to have the remote with it.

Well so far there still a hot item and going for top dollar it seems on Ebay and I've not found any at our Goodwill store, so I'd say people seem to be keeping their old TV's. Myself I'm still using 8 old sets and have no plans on buying a HDTV any time soon, and like you still trying to find a unit at a good price or maybe free.

Last edited:
I upgraded one TV to a HDTV but that TV had satellite hooked up so I gained a tuner.

I wish I would have picked up a couple more boxes back "in the day"...use 2 right now. One in bedroom and one in basement :)

People must be using their old tv's because the price for used is still high. I thought folks would be getting rid of the old by leaps and bounds, but its not happening.

One of mine was donated to a charitable organization immediately. The other one is currently mothballed but will likely make its way to a similar orgaanization. In y case I only had one TV that was not hooked up to cable or satellite. i got two specifically so i could make the donation.

I see them on craigslist all the time mostly with the TV included. I saw one for $10 with the TV but I wasn't going to drive 40 miles for it.

Radio Shack still wants $59.99 for their box :eek:

I myself would like to find a used one to try here the OTA tuner in my Vip222 sucks and won't get my PBS station thats only 15 miles down the road from me.

My 722's OTA tuner was really sensitive to noise and overload. The picture was a lot more consistent when I put a 1*4 splitter between it and the source antenna. Just a thought. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)