D* already downrezzing HDLIL to 1440

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I used to get it with D* tv. But now with the DNS rules I can only have Fox 88 But maybe CBS is better now then I remember it . Is it in MPEG 4 yet?

Even if your DNS gets turned off, the NFL ST HD is just a remapped version of the CBS & FOX network feeds; so you can see them that way. I think this will likely be the last season the NFL HD is MPEG2; if that was the question.

ESPN is shot in 720p just like ABC and FOX I think. Id rather they deliver 720p in 720p. less conversion the better. But as far as 720p being the best for sports thats hogwash. NOTHING comes close to pristine 1080i NFL football on CBS

It all comes down to how good of a signal is being supplied.

I stand by my statement.

Yes I know that CBS is 1080i and the others mentioned are 720.
btw, CBS's COLLEGE football is MUCH better than thier NFL broadcast. Have you watched any sports on NBC with their 1080i ?
With MY set up, ESPN HD normally looks fabulous .... in 720p mind you.

Jimbo

I wonder how they enforce that without a contract.

You need to read the terms of upgrading equipment on their website. You activate a new receiver you are in another contract by default. It is all there within the fine print.

I understand people preferring 720p to 1080i for sports, but do you really prefer a station that's naturally 1080i to be converted to 720p?

I'm kinda shocked by the way people are responding to NESN at 720p, like it's fine that D* is pulling a BEV. I'm also susprised that more people in the Boston DMA didn't notice the HUGE difference in PQ from about a month ago when they started back with the 720p.

I guess that's why D* will never give us full or proper resolutions.

You need to read the terms of upgrading equipment on their website. You activate a new receiver you are in another contract by default. It is all there within the fine print.
1. I didnt go to there website, I ordered by phone.

2. I didnt activate anything, the installer did.

3. I'm just arguing this because I find it interesting. But the more I do I can see how badly D* has screwed this up. If it were my company the installer would have had a contract there to sign for the customer.

1. I didnt go to there website, I ordered by phone.

2. I didnt activate anything, the installer did.

3. I'm just arguing this because I find it interesting. But the more I do I can see how badly D* has screwed this up. If it were my company the installer would have had a contract there to sign for the customer.

I can argue your points just as well.

1) I never said you ordered by there website. I told you to go and read the terms. I guess you must have internet to be able to do that since you post useless information here.

2) You did activate it. The installer was acting on your behalf during the installation. I bet you signed some type of paper work that shows the work was completed. If you didn't want it activated you could have told the installer that they were not allowed into your house or apartment.

3) Did D* screw this up or are you just upset that you didn't go the FIOS route. Must be second guessing yourself. I am sure that there are many around here that is sad you did not get FIOS.

I can argue your points just as well.

1) I never said you ordered by there website. I told you to go and read the terms. I guess you must have internet to be able to do that since you post useless information here.

2) You did activate it. The installer was acting on your behalf during the installation. I bet you signed some type of paper work that shows the work was completed. If you didn't want it activated you could have told the installer that they were not allowed into your house or apartment.

3) Did D* screw this up or are you just upset that you didn't go the FIOS route. Must be second guessing yourself. I am sure that there are many around here that is sad you did not get FIOS.

1. How would a customer know to do that?
2. No I did not activate anything.
3. I have no problems with the installation I just don't see how this constitutes disclosure or an execution of an agreement. Very poor business practice.

I have no problems with the installation I just don't see how this constitutes disclosure or an execution of an agreement. Very poor business practice.

It is disclosed. When you sign up for D* you agree with the terms and conditions. It is not their fault that people don't read it.

Recommendation, everyone just put Vurbano on their ignore list, I've just added him to mine. I thought that last Friday was going to be a great day since he was going to get FIOS and we wouldn't have to listen to his constant whineing, b*tching, moaning about something or other with D*. Then what does he do, reups for another 24 months and then starts to b*tch again, this time about the HR20, about things that have been documented about the box for months. Just ignore him and let him rant on his own.

It is disclosed. When you sign up for D* you agree with the terms and conditions. It is not their fault that people don't read it.
There was nothing presented to the customer to read. I can see how this could be a big problem if people start contesting non existent contracts. :rolleyes:

Recommendation, everyone just put Vurbano on their ignore list, I've just added him to mine. I thought that last Friday was going to be a great day since he was going to get FIOS and we wouldn't have to listen to his constant whineing, b*tching, moaning about something or other with D*. Then what does he do, reups for another 24 months and then starts to b*tch again, this time about the HR20, about things that have been documented about the box for months. Just ignore him and let him rant on his own.

I cant since I have to keep track of his posts in case they violate the forum rules. Vurbano is free to express his opinion and is free to post away.

However, rad has a good suggestion to those that are offput by his posts or feel there is an agenda. If you dont want to ignore him, I highly suggest folks to take his posts and information with a grain of salt. There are usually lots of facts and some good information there, but they are usually twisted to point out the negative, the downside, the limitations, etc. of Directv. And they dont give you the full picture or necessarily an accurate picture.

Its only my opinion but I highly recommend folks to get a second opinion from folks like iceturkee, rad, bonscott, scobuck, jimbos, mdonnelly, Smith, P., Charper1, masterdeals, raoul5788, IceBurg, dfergie, rockymtnhigh, Scott Greczkowski of course, etc. They have a lot of experience and while I dont agree with everything they post, they have been trusted information sources here at Sat Guys for years.

Trying to argue the point with D* typically does no good. Check out some examples here.

Consumer complaints about DirecTV

as well as DISH NETWORK
Consumer complaints about DISH Network

as well as COMCAST CABLE
Consumer complaints about Comcast Cable Service

and so on - guess what. Grow YOUR company to 16 million customers and try to have NO complaints. And don't forget - BOTH DISH AND DIRECTV always get much higher customer satisfaction ratings than any cable company does.

:rolleyes:

I cant since I have to keep track of his posts in case they violate the forum rules. Vurbano is free to express his opinion and is free to post away.
The E* forums have their gadflies too (cough - stone phillips420 - cough). :)

Frankly - those folks whine and bitch so much that I put absolutely no creedence in their comments - I am convnced they have an agenda of some kind.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

h20 keeps rebooting with hdmi

Channel 82 NBCE - Problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts