D* needs to enable Zoom function on R-22

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ChrisK114

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 17, 2005
Mount Pleasant,SC
This is more of a suggestion than anything, but now that D* has moved our locals from 72.5, new installs are getting R-22's on installs for SD TV's. The problem with this is that when a local channels only digital signal they are sending out are the HDTV signals, it causes the picture for the locals to have bars on the bottom amd on the sides of the picture. On a regular TV, this is almost unwatchable because the image is so small. When you call d*, they say there is nothing that they can do. The only way get the picture to fit the screen is to get a HD-DVR because then you can format the picture to fit your screen. And by the way, that will be $200. Why can't D* at least enable the format button to work for R-22's? okay just my 2 cent worth.

Have you tried the TV's controls to stretch and crop the picture? The TV may not allow this if the signal is 720p or 1080i with 4:3 content in the middle.

They should check to see if the r22 is set to 4:3 or 16:9. It is in the setup menu under display.
i have mine on a 32 inch lcd and it put up the bars when i tried to set it on widescreen. It had bars on everything. I had to change it back and let the tv do the zooming for me.
So get them to check and make sure it is on 4:3. Maybe that will help.

This is more of a suggestion than anything, but now that D* has moved our locals from 72.5, new installs are getting R-22's on installs for SD TV's. The problem with this is that when a local channels only digital signal they are sending out are the HDTV signals, it causes the picture for the locals to have bars on the bottom amd on the sides of the picture. On a regular TV, this is almost unwatchable because the image is so small. When you call d*, they say there is nothing that they can do. The only way get the picture to fit the screen is to get a HD-DVR because then you can format the picture to fit your screen. And by the way, that will be $200. Why can't D* at least enable the format button to work for R-22's? okay just my 2 cent worth.

You could also just get an HD standard non dvr for $99;)

as a world of warcraft player, im gonna steal a game quote.... "This is working as intended"

sad as it is, this is a known issue and this is no fix for it. As the option to change the format of the screen from pilar box to stretch is under hdtv, and that is completely greyed out on r22s there is no way to address this. Your only option is to change tv type from 16:9 to 4:3.

It's a known issue and I'm not sure it's going to change. It is ironic but we see many posts from people with SD TVs whose SD locals are now being centercut from the HD signal, complaining that what they want to see is the 16:9 picture inside the 4:3 frame, whereas you want the picture format that fills the screen - that's what they have and they hate it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts