"D" Ranked #1.............

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It's called marketing and once again D* lies about it.

D* didnt lie about it. This thread was about some obscure article quoting Home Theatre Installers.

In this case its not D*.

I guess D* subs in this forum are kina tired of the E* shills contant attacks on D*.

Ive stated unequivocably that D* is right for me. I love my sports and D* is the HD sports leader. They just offer more for me and thats a fact.

I dont begrudge E* subs. Heck everyone has their own reasons for subbing to their own provider.

What i do begrudge is the holier than thou attitude that E* subs have in these forums in regard to D*.

The technology is new and both providers will probably end up in the same place.

Ive read D*'s plan and have been happy with them as they continue to push forward.

I would comment n E*'s plan but I dont know what it is.

I do know that its funny how E* has been touted as the buyer friendly company but the more I look at it I think its more smoke and mirrors to keep the subs at bay.

D* posted their plan and ran with it. Whether or not people like the plan is another thing. They told their subs what they were doing and what to expect.

E* on the other hand has "Charlie Chats" I read the reviews and hear the E* people boast about them but what do they really accomplish? Nothing.

This one obscure article which would probably have been widely ignored by D* subs was attacked by the "defenders of E*"

Enough is enough. E* subs can watch all their VOOM reruns in HD and I will be happy with ST, MLB EI, and the SOX in HD.

As for the PQ debate I am willing to wait out D*'s plan to see if it improves and dont think I deserve to have my decision to do so attacked.

BTW when you decide to go with D* could you please use me as a referral?

Thank you

D* didnt lie about it. This thread was about some obscure article quoting Home Theatre Installers.

In this case its not D*.

I guess D* subs in this forum are kina tired of the E* shills contant attacks on D*.

Ive stated unequivocably that D* is right for me. I love my sports and D* is the HD sports leader. They just offer more for me and thats a fact.

I dont begrudge E* subs. Heck everyone has their own reasons for subbing to their own provider.

What i do begrudge is the holier than thou attitude that E* subs have in these forums in regard to D*.

The technology is new and both providers will probably end up in the same place.

Ive read D*'s plan and have been happy with them as they continue to push forward.

I would comment n E*'s plan but I dont know what it is.

I do know that its funny how E* has been touted as the buyer friendly company but the more I look at it I think its more smoke and mirrors to keep the subs at bay.

D* posted their plan and ran with it. Whether or not people like the plan is another thing. They told their subs what they were doing and what to expect.

E* on the other hand has "Charlie Chats" I read the reviews and hear the E* people boast about them but what do they really accomplish? Nothing.

This one obscure article which would probably have been widely ignored by D* subs was attacked by the "defenders of E*"

Enough is enough. E* subs can watch all their VOOM reruns in HD and I will be happy with ST, MLB EI, and the SOX in HD.

As for the PQ debate I am willing to wait out D*'s plan to see if it improves and dont think I deserve to have my decision to do so attacked.

BTW when you decide to go with D* could you please use me as a referral?

Thank you

I agree with most of your points. Seems to me, that E* subs just can't handle that there are MILLIONS of satisfied D* customers, and many of them (just like us) believe in the HD plans that were presented in September of 2005, and now just about 100% on-track and on-time as stated. And as the launch of DIRECTV 10 gets nearer and nearer, you can just sense the frustration building up in the DISH bullpen - and with good reason IMO. I think its just a last chance for them to brag about the LOWLY rated VOOM channels that no one else in this country provides to its subs, not even CABLEVISION, the company that owns the VOOM programming company (Rainbow). Heck, CABLEVISION doesn't carry even 1 of the VOOM channels on its own system. I would bet the house that if E* didn't have to sign a programming deal to carry those lowly rated channels in order to buy the Rainbow satellite, they wouldn't carry them either.

My brothers' each have had both Dish and DirecTV at different times. I've been with DirecTV for the last 4 years, and the reason I chose them was simple. My brother (who had E*) had a scrolling banner across the bottom of all of his Viacom owned channels threatening that the customer would lose their favorite channel unless they picked up the phone and called Viacom now and pressured them to cave to the prices Dish Network wanted to pay (It's not a direct quote, but it gets the jest of it.)
I don't like corporate blackmail. I prefered to have a provider who seemed to be pretty stable in the programming that was provided.

Why am I with DirecTV now? I'm used to it. I've never lost my signal and have had good luck dealing with Customer Retention in upgrading my equipment twice and not having to pay more than $100 total (Couldn't wait for a free HR20).
I'd switch to E* in a heartbeat if I saw any major benefit to it, but at this time there is no sense in switching for me.

We are an ale carte society. If you don't like something...don't take it from the buffet.

Directv has always taken great care of me, either with free programming and multiple and numerous credits. When I had the pleasure of having Comcast, it took them a week to get someone out to fix it for me - lucky me huh ? thats when
I could get through and spend 1/2 hour on the phone waiting. - I couldnt get rid of cable quick enough...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts