D10-200 Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RAL686

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2005
Central Oregon
I have a 4 room setup that was installed earlier this year, every once in a while one or all of them will just freeze up, or they will just go blank than say that the channel is not available, like premium channels or a network channel, when clicking onto the guide, those channels will not even show up in the guides list of channels, than I have to unplug them and have them reset. After the reboot they return to normal. I have noticed that there is a lot of talk about upgrades to their receivers. I don't have any of them fancy receiver with tivo or HD, its just a simple D10-200, but when I look for a system upgrade date and version reads: 5:00pm Friday 3/22/2002 0.8.30. I am just wondering if this is the latest version for this unit, since I am not connected to a phone line, am I receiving any upgrades without being hooked up to a landline, I don't have one and don't want to spend the money for one. Does anyone know if this is the latest upgrade for this unit?...Thanks

Call Directv and tell them about your problem.

I had 2 D10-200s and they did the same thing. They are pieces of crap. Get new boxes, D10-100 or 300s they are much better.

We have one of those, it has the same old version, and do not have any of those issues(and it is on 24/7 literally), I would say it is your receiver, but you say it happens to one or more of them, so you may have a failing lnb or multiswitch (if you have a 3lnb the multiswitch built-in to the dish could be going bad), also check all your connections and coax all the way from dish to input. This could also be a grounding issue.

But I agree, the D10-200 boxes are crap compared to the D10-100 (love the category sort) (I can't speak about the D10-300s, don't have one), but DirecTV has no control over what boxes are sent by any given installer, I know you said you did not want to spend any cash (understandable), but, you can (if you have to buy one, i.e. it dies.) buy d10-100s cheap from valueelectronics for like 50 bucks(for forum members, of which you are).

By the way, the update happens over satellite, as for phone line, our D10-200 is plugged into a phone since day one, one or more of these boxes(100,200,300) has/had an issue with callerID(I have callerID disabled on all my D* boxes), try plugging one into a phone line and see if the problems don't stop (and/or make sure CallerID function is Off).

or just force yourself an upgrade and that should fix your problems
1. press the red reset button located underneath your access card door.
2. when the screen says "hello your directv reciever is starting up" press the number 02468 on your remote.
3. it will say "almost there". then will automaticly start the download for ya. if it doesn't work, you didn't do it right. try again... hope that helps. post any questions

I tried to do that "Force Upgrade" but it just does the same thing as if I had unplugged the unit for a while and started it again.

Also all 4 of these units are not plugged into a phone line. I don't have a landline phone. They are usually not turned off either, so they are on 24/7, I never think about shutting them off when I turn off the TV set. I have checked all the runs and couldn't find where the installer did any grounding, looks like a project in the making for me this weekend. I'll post any results, after I ground the system.

So these are really junky units, I guess thats why these are units given away when you become a new subscriber. Maybe some day I buy some real receivers.....

Thanks

crunkrock said:
hmm it worked for me on all 3 off my d10-200s......

OK, when you did the "force upgrade" did you get a newer upgrade?
I'll try it again and see what happens....

Ok, I tried this on my d10-200, and the first time it did not work, so I went in and changed the dish from 3 to 1 then 3 again, and it reset, did the 02468, and it did work this time, thanks, downloading it now. BTW, I don't think the act of changing the lnb settings made it work, I just think the second reset made it work.

Edit: It now has the same revision as my d10-100s. :)

I just tried to do that forced upgrade thing on one of my receivers, and I lost the local channels on that receiver, what do you think caused that?

How are you getting your locals? If your locals on a different satellite than 101, then I'll bet when it updated, it put the dish back to Round, rerun install and select 3lnb/Oval dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts