D10 Recievers all rebooting together at 10:30 AM

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Darkwing Duck

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2004
So I reciently converted to DirecTV (YAY!) and had it installed Saturday. The installer was very nice and spent 2 hours installing the dish, taking down the old dish that came with the house and setting it up. He was done at about 11 AM. Anyhow the next day (Sunday) the recievers (in all 3 rooms because we were all using them) all decided to reset together at between 10:30 - 10:40 AM (the time varies but it is always in that range and they always do it together). The picture quality before and after the reset is superb and the signal is always between 85-93 on all transponders. They have done this everyday since. We have the newer standard D10 recievers. I was wondering if anyone had an idea on how to fix this. I called DirecTV and they're sending out a tech tomorrow morning (Thursday) but I wanted to seek a second opinion on this and if no one knows I'll share what the tech says which might help others in the future. Thanks!

Well just a quick update that it did it again today at 10:32 AM it started on mine (in the bedroom) and then within 10 seconds the one in the Living Room did a reset also.

Welcome to quantity receivers vs quality receivers. I had a feeling that if Directv tried in house receivers and in house software like Dish that they would suffer the same bugs and problems . At least my 921 hd dvr reboots nightly between 12 am - 4 am. OF course the software is set up that way, to make sure it records it's timers properly. ;)

Thanks for the welcome! Well if anyone wondered why I hadn't replyed telling you what the installer said it's because he hasn't been here yet! I woke up bright and early at 7 AM to make sure I'd be awake for his visit. I get a call at about 11:30 AM and the lady said that he would be out before 2 PM. Then I get a call at 3 PM saying from the guy saying that he wasn't sure if dispatch had called and that his current job would take until 6 PM but if I wanted he'd still stop by, mainly because he lives about 10-25 minutes away from me so I'm on his way home. So I'll report back after his visit. (This is bluegrass satellite if anyone cares)

There is a post on www.dbsforums.com "New Directv D-10 receiver questions" one of the answers mentions a problem with D-10 receivers rebooting at 7:30 pacific time. It looks like a software problem not a problem with your system.

So I run out at 7 PM and go do my errands and then I get home at like 8, I call DirecTV ask about the bug, which the first CSR says she's never heard of, transfers me to another department so I can cancel the service order. The guy there says that he agrees with me and although he hasn't heard of a bug he agrees with the logic that it's probably a software problem and that their engineers would be working on it and he offers to reschedule but I just told him to cancel it. Then at 8:30 - 8:45 PM the tech came! He was very very nice and said he had spent the past 4 hours at someones house in a very wooded area trying to get them a signal, I told him that it was probably a software bug and that he should just go home because it's so late and I had canceled the service order but he insisted that I let him look it over anyway because he said the bug sounded like a poor excuse. So anyhow he spent about an hour and a half and looked over the entire install and changed our LNB and he finally said about 5 minutes ago that he's done everything he can think of and he's not sure if it'll fix it but he's out of ideas and left. I must say I was VERY impressed and DirecTV has really won me over in this amazing customer service. So I emailed DirecTV just noting how relentless this guy was and I thought I'd share it with you all to give this some closure I guess. Thanks for all of your help too, I've learned that if I need help I should ask here first then call DirecTV ;)

Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.