D12 satellite - now we're receiving signals!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
maybe (yes I'm a glass half empty sort of guy lol)

the 30 ext for more testing is due to the fact something is wrong with the bird - so wrong they can't file an SEC till D* and Boeing figure out a back up plan and quick.... since I feel DirecTV really NEEDS a new SAT up and working like yesterday (Dish beats them in national HD, hell most cable co's do today as well).

OR

nothing is wrong and we just need to chill :)

BUT man I want more HD LOL

Untill hard facts are posted, and the 3rd quarter shows up and still nothing. I wouldn't worry too much just yet.
That D12 remains in the testing slot is a hard fact. As of yesterday's 11am PST TLE (#157), it isn't moving.

That testing is not completed (as evidenced by the request for extension) almost four months after launch is impossible to dismiss. One has to imagine that something extraordinary has happened and this word-play ("fine" versus "nominal" versus what-have-you) is not enhancing the wait.

I hope for your sake that everything works out as you're on the hook until this date in 2012.

How close is D12 at 76 degrees to E8 at 77 degrees? Maybe it made friends with the eastern arc sats and is refusing to leave. :)

That D12 remains in the testing slot is a hard fact. As of yesterday's 11am PST TLE (#157), it isn't moving.

That doesn't mean its broken.

D* hasn't even finished the channel moves yet.
Thats not complete untill April 28th.
Alot can happen in 30 days, It doesn't mean D12 is testing for 30days.
That thing could start moving next week.

Again it was stated D12 wasn't going online untill the 2nd quarter.

Exactly my point!

i am starting to think it wouldn't take much effort on my part to get banned at the other site.

i really wonder who the mods sources are. going back to my personal experience, anyone who has insider info isn't going to go on or off the record with doug brott or stuart sweet. i doubt either of them have a background to be considered a reliable confidant. if i'm wrong, i will apologize. their sources, no doubt, aren't far enough up the food chain to know what's really going on with dtv12.

i've kept my mouth shut over there. but, cmon really..............................

i am starting to think it wouldn't take much effort on my part to get banned at the other site.

i really wonder who the mods sources are. going back to my personal experience, anyone who has insider info isn't going to go on or off the record with doug brott or stuart sweet. i doubt either of them have a background to be considered a reliable confidant. if i'm wrong, i will apologize. their sources, no doubt, aren't far enough up the food chain to know what's really going on with dtv12.

i've kept my mouth shut over there. but, cmon really..............................

Yup. I think I might get banned today lol.

Perhaps charlie made an offer for d12 and is gonna move it to 77W (part of scotts 200 hd channel rumor):p:eek::angel:

Two mods over there saying D12 is fine is not very comforting. Personally I think D12 has serious issues. The delays speak volumes.

Scott's honest and posts what's on his mind. Directv is entirely close mouthed and the other site contorts to accommodate. Problem is they create the conditions for all that nonsensical prattle by being so anal.

Two mods over there saying D12 is fine is not very comforting. Personally I think D12 has serious issues. The delays speak volumes.

We'll find out in a couple weeks when they have the earnings call. They'll have to disclose what is going on then.

Actually, - Do they? What if there is a problem they are still working on, and haven't given up yet on fixing? When are they required to disclose? When it's certain, or nearly so, that there is a (possibly partial) failure? Or when it seems "likely?" Or "possibly?" :confused:

LOL

yup I only venture off to that site for maybe more up to date stuff on D* I thought with Earl and all..

BUT Scott hasn't let us down yet. So maybe I'll remove that site from my bookmark :)

C'mon, you're having way too much fun over there to leave! ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

How Many Tuners Does the HR 24 Have?

Lots of static on audio on 1 of 4 tvs..??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)