Day 3 from CES

juan said:
ummm scott How can you say the D* mix channels are better than e* For sarters you cant go full screen on a single channel with d* and you have to press 5 or 6 buttons to change the audio to the specific channel..How is this better? I must be missing something

Yea you are missing a Mosaic capable interactive receiver to actually be able to utilize the interactive service properly. ;)

I do find it interesting that missing amongst DirecTV's proposed satellite fleet is DirecTV 9S, the spot-beam backup that was supposed to be delivered in late second quarter, 2005.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Also with the NFL Sunday Ticket MIX takes it to another level where you can check stats of each game in progress, plus you can program it for Fantasy Football mode and your receiver can actually keep track how your fantasy football team is doing automatically for you.
That alone may get me to switch before next season.

Since Directv's system is down for activating new equipment I got to watch the D* help channel with that lady and the goofy guy that co-hosts it last night since our new R10 isn't activated yet.

She is cute!!

Tanya

skidog said:
I'm really interested in the equipement with the long dark hair, sexy smile, beautiful eyes and oh wait sorry I went off topic :D

Skidog, that's Tanya Meme, the single best reason to watch "Sell This House" on A&E Sunday afternoons. :)

If u all want to see some more products from CES, The Screen Savers G4techtv channel are showing some stuff too, they showed the NEW Toshiba HD DVD players, which is going to be out by 3rd Qr 2005 and price $1000, IF you look again, if u catch it, im sure u can see it again on the repeat shows.

A couple of notes about the D* booth (really, a small city)
The video wall was phenomenal for the football games on Saturday. I was able to catch most of the StL/Sea game and the image was really nice. Scott, did you get any specs on it? Was it projection or LED or what?
While I was watching the HMO (they called it Home Media Center, right?) presentation, the farthest left screen was playing a Voom commercial and the presenter deftly shifted attention to the farthest right screen. Probably part of the script, but good timing regardless.
My flight out of Albuquerque was delayed (Friday) for 1 1/2 hours because of the snow in LV.
Scott, I saw you and was going to say Hi, but you were busy and when I turned around you disappeared. Maybe next year.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Here are some photos. Enjoy!
Scott, did you hear when the new mesh SuperDish would be available for installation, or is it already in the field? I would think this should reduce wind loading and be lower in weight.

Attachments

• NewSuperDish.jpg
    NewSuperDish.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 135
Scott Greczkowski said:
Michael also showed us Dish's "Mosaic" and touted they were the first in the US to offer the Interactive Mosaic (DirecTV just introduce its MIX which is the same idea but in my humble opinion done better) Dish will be copying DirecTV by offering a News Mosaic Soon.
I was planing on taking major issue with that, but after reading more of the thread I'll only take minor issue ... :D

E* did mosaics first - for the olympics and election - so the issue of D* copying E* seems a bit of a stretch (although a permanent mosaic is cool).

D*'s method of having a simple channel with multiple audio would allow for the missing feature of being able to DVR back and repeat something. It would be interesting to be able to go back and change audio and hear something different on the second play ...

The tickers and unique host content on D*'s version - and the availability of multiple mosaics - make the multi channels theirs. Even if they didn't really do them first. They seem to be more programmed of an offering - which is more expensive than a simple set it up and forget it mix. I hope it works well for them.

And it is good to see that screenshot of a dish News mosaic. I'll keep that channel warm! We asked for it last year when the Olympic mosaic was on. (In fact, if anyone should get the credit for News and Sports mosaic it should be the posters of DBSTalk and SatelliteGuys who asked for it all last summer!)

Of course, I'd like CNN International too. :D

It would be nice if this mosaic became its own channel like 9500 instead of needing to go to DishHome to get there. That is another "D* did it better point". Oh well, the progress is in the right direction.

JL

remote control codes pansat 2500A

I pee-d off some hackers-HEE-HEE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)