DCII FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcashlives

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
Dcii Fta?

Excuse the question if inappropriate. Did search this was the closest I could find to my answer. Not a hack question.

From what I've read the starchoice are DCII?

Correct or no?

If correct can the starchoice DCII be used to receive the FTA DCII?

In the US/legal or gray?

jcashlives said:
Excuse the question if inappropriate. Did search this was the closest I could find to my answer. Not a hack question.

From what I've read the starchoice are DCII?
correct

In the US/legal or gray?

sort of. A previously activated SC receiver MIGHT be able to get the PBS stations on AMC3. I havent been able to make it work.

You have to program everything in, as there is no blind scan and it would only work on a few channels (since the symbol rate is only 2 options)

Sc the subscription service is grey area for the US. I have SC here in MN :)

When you speak of the DC II do you mean the Digicipher II descramber that was used before the 4DTV came out? If it is, I am confused :confused: . When I had a Drake 324, I had a GI DCII that went with it to clear the signal. When I got the Motorola 922 4DTV, I pulled the guts (board) out of the GI and put it in the 922 and it is now referred to as a videocipher. If there is a difference between the two, what is it?

Educate me, please! :yes

Jim
DCII is what The 4DTV boxes use. StarChoice also uses that encryption (vs. DVB like Dish & ExpressVu use)

You might be able to get some DCII stuff with a previously activated box…but its iffy

Scrambling stuff for ya

VCII is the C-Band analog
DCII is the C-Band digital (4DTV)
DVB is what most FTA is : )

Is there any DCII (other than subscription) on KU-band or is the FTA DCII actually C-band on hybrid KU/C-band sat lists?

So I should skip the search for a DCII Ku-band and just get a Pansat 3500S?

Saw on Sadoun coming in three months or so 3 Fortecs Fta, Fta +CI, Fta +Irdeto.

Worth waiting for these future Fortec Stars, or no need for CI, Irdeto, Conax, or even UCAS? Do we get these encryptions in the US?

Or should I just buy early and often (as my wife thinks I do with ALL electronics)

Thanks

jcashlives said:
A Starchoice model 921 receiver is functionally equivalent to the 4dtv 920 receiver and will work for DC2 FTA, but you cannot use one to subscribe to any US services. All of their other receivers will only work with Starchoice.

Is there any DCII (other than subscription) on KU-band or is the FTA DCII actually C-band on hybrid KU/C-band sat lists?
There is some PBS on AMC3.

So I should skip the search for a DCII Ku-band and just get a Pansat 3500S?
Without acess to C Band, a consumer 4dtv receiver is useless. An MPEG receiver will be MUCH more useful.

Saw on Sadoun coming in three months or so 3 Fortecs Fta, Fta +CI, Fta +Irdeto.

Worth waiting for these future Fortec Stars, or no need for CI, Irdeto, Conax, or even UCAS? Do we get these encryptions in the US?
A Cam Interface(CI Slot) is almost useless in the US.

Digicypher-2 is encoding not encryption.....

I'd rather speak of it as an encoding standard for a digital channel. Just as DVB is an encoding standard for digital channels on Echostar and those that are free to air. The difference is that you have encryption enabled over the encoding standard which results in a person to have to subscribe to a channel to get it legally. Digicypher-2 is just an encoding standard not a an encryption. Sorry guys but I thought I'd clarify that because some newbies out there would get confused and state that they would like to get encrypted DVB signals for free when they actually mean an encoded DVB signal that is FTA or vice versa with relation to Digicypher-2. It is not to be confused with Videocypher and Videocypher-2 as these were analog encryption standards and not encoding standards which means these channels are not meant to be FTA but paid for only.

I am working on receiving the FTA DCII channels using professional-grade DCII receivers. From the answers I've gotten here in this forum, the Motorola 4800 series will receive FTA DCII out of the box (without authorization). It will also receive FTA DVB 4:2:0 and 4:2:2. It also retails at over $2000, although I caught a price break. Other models are iffy, and I will post results (once I get the QPH LNB installed) in my "To anyone who works at a cable or broadcast facility..." thread.

mkm4 said:
A Starchoice model 921 receiver is functionally equivalent to the 4dtv 920 receiver and will work for DC2 FTA, but you cannot use one to subscribe to any US services. All of their other receivers will only work with Starchoice.

Have you made it actually work with one of these receivers? I have tried and not been able to get anything.

Please you you can make a SC receiver (DSR-710) receive DCII signals on the KU band help us out. They are dirt cheap on EBay.

Wholeshoe

Wholeshoe said:
Have you made it actually work with one of these receivers? I have tried and not been able to get anything.

Please you you can make a SC receiver (DSR-710) receive DCII signals on the KU band help us out. They are dirt cheap on EBay.

Wholeshoe

Huh?

I said ONLY the 921 WILL work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

need help cant get 4:2:2 WORKING

Wondering if you can modify the JVC (dishnetwork) 7200 to get FTA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts