DEEP south Texas transponders...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mnassour

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 1, 2004
Would ANYONE here know what transponder(s) on DirecTV7S the local stations out of Corpus Christ and/or the Rio Grande Valley (McAllen/Brownsville/Harlingen) are broadcast?

thanks! Mike Nassour

I've been trying to figure this out for a couple of years.

Specifically, I want to know which channel is on which transponder for both the Corpus Christi or the Rio Grande Valley markets.

I do know that the spot-beam that covers the markets contains both transponders 23 and 31, and that there must be channels on both transponders.

Hey guys,
I've been down there and had my D* set up on the 5th wheel, I was able to get all the regular channels, but I did not try to get the locals thru D* at the time, I just set up the antenna on the 5th wheel and got a bunch of channels.... many that I could not understand.

I am usually down in the Brownsville/ Harlingen / South Padre Island area in Febuary.
I have to get my seafood fix, Pirates Landing , Blackbeards and Scampi's (on the island, scampi's is my new favorite) .

Sorry I sorta lost track of the thread topic.

Jimbo

No, that's OK, stories of fish and South Padre Island are ALWAYS welcome!

And yes, there is a LOT of Spanish TV down there, some of it (Televisa) very entertaining, even if you don't understand the lingo.

But as to the transponders, I'm really surprised that this seems so hard when the information for just about every other market in the country seems to be there for the taking.

Sigh.....

I've been expanding on that website for years. Some of my work is on DBSForums.com.

There are a few markets where I haven't received information. I have seen the ITU filings for the DirecTV 7S satellite, so I know that there is a beam carrying transponders 23 and 31 to South Texas. I just do not know exactly which local channels are carried on which transponders. But, it is definite the South Texas locals for both Corpus Christi and the Rio Grande Valley are on transponders 23 and 31.

The big problem?

Take a look at TiVoFan's site. That is only for the DirecTV 4S satellite at 101. The list was started just before must-carry kicked in on 1 January, 2002. DirecTV managed to get DirecTV 4S online about four days earlier, and the work on TiVoFan's site is the fruits of that labor.

Of course, back then, the main type of receiver and dish in use was not the multi-slot dish. Fast forward to 2004, and all these new markets added to DirecTV 7S at 119 required those mulit-slot dishes and receivers. Many people gave me their readings for locals. But I was left with holes.

And it doesn't surprise me that no one ever answered the call for the southern section of Texas.

The big problem?

Take a look at TiVoFan's site. That is only for the DirecTV 4S satellite at 101. The list was started just before must-carry kicked in on 1 January, 2002. DirecTV managed to get DirecTV 4S online about four days earlier, and the work on TiVoFan's site is the fruits of that labor.

Of course, back then, the main type of receiver and dish in use was not the multi-slot dish. Fast forward to 2004, and all these new markets added to DirecTV 7S at 119 required those mulit-slot dishes and receivers. Many people gave me their readings for locals. But I was left with holes.

And it doesn't surprise me that no one ever answered the call for the southern section of Texas.

I think people have not answered your question, because they don't know, I did not give you an answer to your question either, because I don't know for sure.
Would the lynsat site be of any help in this instance ?, I don't have a link to it, but it would tell you what channels are on what transponders, you would have to do some searching.

Jimbo

No, lyngsat is no help for this. Someone simply took the press releases and threw the channels up, with some basic knowledge, and voila, it became the bible.

However, that bible has wrong information. For example, Dayton has the networks available from 119 (sharing a transponder from Louisville), but three of the other channels are coming from 101 (sharing the Cincinnati transponder).

Lyngsat has all Dayton from 119, which is incorrect.

I can honestly say I know more about DirecTV and their transponder usage than Lyngsat does.

I was able to answer mnassour's question, as the South Texas transponders are 23 and 31. It would be nice if we had posters from either Corpus Christi or the Rio Grande Valley that have the locals and one of the good receivers, like the DTiVo. I could get the answer in a heartbeat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)