Status
Please reply by conversation.

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
I was going to post a question about the new offer for 3 months free of the HD Extra Pack, but when I tried to add it on the D* website it said that my package was not compatible. That made me raise an eyebrow, and when I looked back at it I saw I had Total Choice, which I then saw was a defunct package that isn't offered anymore. The closest thing I saw to it was "Choice", which was $2 extra. Is there any "real" difference between "Total Choice" and "Choice" in terms of available channels? Or is it basically the exact same thing but more expensive?

Also, as I looked around I saw an international Package called Mandarin Direct III. By some miracle, does anyone else have this package and can attest to how the programming is from the standpoint of someone from China who wants to enjoy programming from back home? I think I would qualify for it as an add on. The $20/month price tag isn't exactly fun, but I've done crazier things for those that I love. :p

You cannot make changes to discontinued (grandfathered) packages online. Call Directv and a CSR should be able to make the changes for you.
But is it worth it to just update to the "newer" version so that I can do most changes online? I can't add the Mandarin thing, but I seem to be able to do almost everything else.

But is it worth it to just update to the "newer" version so that I can do most changes online? I can't add the Mandarin thing, but I seem to be able to do almost everything else.

Total Choice may have a couple of more channels, compare your channel lineup to the CHOICE Package on DirecTVs website.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts