Deleting Sats on Viewsat Ultra??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatPhreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2007
Thunder Bay, ON
:confused: I'm just starting to set up my FTA system but I'm having problems trying to delete the sats that are stored in the sytem that I can't see in order to add new sats that aren't already stored in the factory firmware. The firmware version is 1.21. I've found the menu to delete sats but they won't empty out of the memory.
I was just starting to mount the dish tonight, but I ran out of daylight before I got much done. I decided to add my true sat sat in but couldn't because it aready came with 59 sats stored in the firmware and it wouldn't let me store any more.
I don't understand why the firmware has some but not all NA sats and also some Asian sats listed.
I'm going to be using a Stab hh-90 motor, 30" dish, and a standard linear lnb(LO 10750). Hopefully I'll get all the hardware mounted tomorrow morning. Thanks in advance.

Haven't tried to delete any sats so I just tried and it wouldn't let me either! I think it will only let you delete sats you added, not the ones already programmed. You may be able to just rename one that you don't need, and save the name-change, then change the parameters of it to whatever you want. I havent had problems adding sats to mine, with the 1.19 firmware, I have 65 sats listed now. There's been some talk of that 1.21 firmware being problematic but haven't used it myself, since it isn't on the viewsat site. They're up to version 1.22 now, there is a link in the forum here for it, let me know if you cant find it and I'll try to email it to you.
Very curious how your motor setup goes, please keep us updated on your progress.

Yes I saw that thread and got the copy of 1.22 and 1.24 from it but haven't changed it because I wanted to make sure my receiver worked first. I tried renaming a sat (g3c@95) but I couldn't get it to change the 95.0w to anything else ( I wanted to get g28@89 since that is my TS sat).
I might use AMC3@87 or g11@91 to get my motor aimed before I play around with the firmware.

:)Well after having to fab up a mount so the motor could fit to the dish I have it up and running. Kind of, got to weld the mod up so I will be able to fine tune the elevation.
It's not tracking correctly, but I ran out of time today. I'm geting a few of the higher powered transponders on amc6, sbs6, g28, amc4 and a few others sats. Enough to find a bunch of feeds and some news channels. I'm also getting used to setting up the VS, it's a bit different then the pansat 2500a I used to have but most of the stuff is the same. I really like the zoom function.
Well enough tonight, it's bed time now.

Send up some pictures if you have a digital camera>I , for one, always like to see
how other people can get creative with these home-made dish/motor combos.
I had a 1m primestar rigged on a c-band mount early last yr, before I understood
how the declination and skew affects the tracking. Educational project!

I should be able to borrow a camera, but I'm going to wait until my fab is welded and after I get it tracking correctly. I seem to be getting most sats east of my TS and a few west of it but not all of the west ones. I can't get g25 or g10r yet:(. I also need to fab a better mount for my lnb because the dish I got really cheap has a 50mm mount without an adapter to 40mm. Scrap pvc pipe and electrical tape are not to good looking, and make fine tuning lnb pretty hard.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)