Denon Debuts 4 New IN-Command Home Theater Receivers

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Denon just debuted a quartet of new home theater AV receivers for its IN-Command lineup. The new receivers are the AVR-X1000, the AVR-X2000, the AVR-X3000 and the AVR-X4000.

All four of the new models offer some type of network streaming, including Apple AirPlay. This will allow users to stream audio from any connected iOS device, as well as iTunes running on a Mac or PC. Other common features include Audyssey MultEQ XT, new HDMI video select functionality, and Control4 certification.

Denon-AVRX4000-large.jpg

Link

The X4000 is a major upgrade in features over the 3313ci it replaces. Only thing it really lacks is 11.x support and Free Assign for the internal amps. There is enough flexibility there to have some control over which speakers can be switched to external amplification. Pre-outs exist for all 11.2 channels, so it is possible that 11.2 is nerfed and MAY be a firmware upgrade in the future at additional cost.

I just like it got XT32. I'd seriously consider it, but my 3313ci does everything I need, and it really sounds great. No need to spend the money.

I just saw these today, at first they look like a budget line but they are really nice. The cream of the crop of the Denon receivers is still the 4520CI. The 4520 weighs a lot more and has processing for 11 speakers. What I find odd is the X4000 seems to have same outputs to an internal amp (11). I wonder if that is a typo. Either way, the X4000 is a nice receiver. It can probably be had around $1k closer to the holidays.

What I find odd is the X4000 seems to have same outputs to an internal amp (11). I wonder if that is a typo.

Those are multiple zones, I think. This receiver has 9.2 processing and only 7-channel amplification. For 9.2 you would need an external amp, and it cannot do 11.2

It can probably be had around $1k closer to the holidays.

With HDMI 2.0 around the corner, it's better to wait a year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)