Detroit

TheTimm

Made In Detroit
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 18, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Hey, if anybody else had problems with the audio during Medical Investigation tonight ( I had almost no audible dialogue whatsoever - even worse than Joey last night), please do us all a favor and call WDIV to complain and/or just let them know about it. (313)222-0444. Or e-mail 'em through their website www.clickondetroit.com. Please. Squeaky wheel gets the grease - let 'em know we're actually watching the digital feed and expect a quality broadcast.

Same crap with Las Vegas tonight. They've now just switched it over to standard definition. I sent them another e-mail -- lot of good that seems to do! Hope they don't mess up the premier of LAX, but I can't imagine why they wouldn't.

LAX SD. Of course. I suppose tonight's programming will be, too - but I'll be watching Chain Reaction. ;)

Of course Chain Reaction wasn't actually on - love that Voom PG! Tried NBC's Pride of the Lion instead. Actually was in HD. Good picture, too. Sound was alright, but in 2.0. Show was kinda stupid, but I did find the Siegried and Roy parts amusing.

Okay, so it's called Father of the Pride - I was close. Anyway Law and Order SVU seems to be solid, too. A guy at AVS says the WDIV problem was fixed. Here's hoping he's right! :D

No HD for Hawaii tonight. At the start of it though, I think it said "presented in widescreen", not "hd" (or I missed it where it said "hd"). So it may not be WDIV's screw-up. Not sure, though.

Michigan State in HD against Notre Dame tonight on ESPN. Almost makes up for the Michigan game being SD (although did I really need to see that in HD? ;) ). Also, competing for your Detroit sports-viewing time are our beloved Tigers - ch 50, also at seven. We don't need no stinkin' Fox Sports Detroit! Just kidding, really, we do. Please?

State game looks real good on ESPN - well, except for the score! But methinks the Florida-Tennessee game on CBS looks/sounds even better. But I'll keep watching State and switchin' to the Tigers during commercial breaks.

Ya ever get the feeling you're just talking to yourself? :confused:

Kentstater72 said:
I am in Lambertville, MI and had no audio problems with Med Investigation or Joey.
Do you mean this week's episodes? I worked too late to watch them. Hopefully the problems are fixed then! The most recent shows I've watched on WDIV seem to be better ( Father of the Pride, Law and Order ).

By the way, thanks for the reply - I was about to give up altogether. :D

Are you the only Detroiter? Well, then count me in! I grew up in Detroit City until I was 12...followed by Farmington, Farmington Hills, West Bloomfield. My entire family lives within a 50 miles radius of the city and I still call it home.

Go Wings!!!

riffjim4069 said:
Are you the only Detroiter? Well, then count me in! I grew up in Detroit City until I was 12...followed by Farmington, Farmington Hills, West Bloomfield. My entire family lives within a 50 miles radius of the city and I still call it home.

Go Wings!!!
Once a Detroiter, always a Detroiter. You count in my book! But, no, there are more Detroit Voomers - apparently they just have little or no interest in a Detroit specific thread :no

With the lockout and all, it doesn't look the Wings are going anywhere for a while. :( Go Tigers?

Looks like there will be no HD for the Lions today. :no Sean Mota's postings in another thread list both of the four o'clock games as HD - but the PG doesn't. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. And hope of course.

Ominous1 said:
Joey on the 16th was fine on my end.
Yeah, that's what I hear. I wish I woulda got home in time to see it. Looking forward to this week's programming on NBC, now that there are apparently no more WDIV issues. :D

Watched Hawaii and LAX last night on WDIV -- glad to report no problems whatsoever (except that Heather Locklear is starting to show her age a little bit).

Great night for HD! Lost rocked.
Anyone try Veronica Mars on ch. 50? When I tuned in at the start it was in SD. I heard from an AVS thread that it later kicked in to HD. Too bad I didn't check back - I wasn't too impressed with The Mountain. Great to have so many choices! :D

Ch. 50 is showing Veronica Mars again tonight. It's not listed as HD, but then again it wasn't listed as HD on its first night either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)