Did you get a free Roku offer?

Free Roku

• Yes

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 215 52.4%

• Total voters
Mine isn't. Plus, the buttons feel kind cheesy. I think I'm gonna contact Roku, and see if they'll send a replacement remote. (It works fine with my earlier Roku remote and my Harmonies.)

You may want to try changing the batteries. The batteries that came with my remote were completely dead. With fresh batteries, my Roku is very responsive, even if I'm not pointing at it. The remote does feel a little cheap, but it works anyway.

Mine isn't. Plus, the buttons feel kind cheesy. I think I'm gonna contact Roku, and see if they'll send a replacement remote. (It works fine with my earlier Roku remote and my Harmonies.)

The remote with mine seems like new.The buttons are springy if that makes sense.If I were you I would see about getting a replacement remote.

The remote with mine seems like new.The buttons are springy if that makes sense.If I were you I would see about getting a replacement remote.

Yeah my buttons feel pretty decent. As previously stated the overall remote feels a tad on the cheap side but the buttons "click" like a mouse and feel decent.

I called DISH to inquire about my Roku order and was told that it indeed was ordered on the 2nd but that it will take 3-5 business days before I get it. So much for the 2-day shipping I was promised....

I'm just glad we're getting it. We've decided to turn in our 222k that runs our bedroom and our kids bedroom TVs and install the Roku in our bedroom and the Wii in the kids bedroom for Netflix. Not only will we be saving on the 2nd receiver fee but we will be dropping down to most likely DISH America or 120 to save even more money.

I called DISH to inquire about my Roku order and was told that it indeed was ordered on the 2nd but that it will take 3-5 business days before I get it. So much for the 2-day shipping I was promised....

I hope you finally get a good night's sleep.

You may want to try changing the batteries. The batteries that came with my remote were completely dead.
Doh! I should have checked. They are dead! Or, near-dead, according to my tester.

Works great with a new set. I just wish it didn't feel so cheap. The previous gen Roku remotes had a much better build and feel.

Doh! I should have checked. They are dead! Or, near-dead, according to my tester.

Works great with a new set. I just wish it didn't feel so cheap. The previous gen Roku remotes had a much better build and feel.

Good deal. I thought my box was defective, as when I pressed "OK" to continue setup, of course, nothing happened. I then pointed the Roku remote at my camera to see if it was outputting IR, nope. Changed the batteries. Works great. Agreed the remote quality is a little bad, but the box itself seems pretty solid. Not bad for free.

Good to hear, I have enjoyed getting things set up today like the MLB subscription I have!

Good to hear, I have enjoyed getting things set up today like the MLB subscription I have!
I'm a long time Roku user. I remember the joy and amazement when I set up my first one. I couldn't believe the picture quality and selection back then. It's only gotten even better and deeper since then.

Now that my Google TV boxes are acting flaky after the last update, I'm gonna go back to Roku as my primary Net TV device. I prefer it to the SmarTV apps in most new TV's and BDP's, as well.

I got $10 off for 12 months, no Roku. I do already have PS3 and Amazon Prime. How soon after original air date does TWD hit these services? The $120 more than pays for the first two seasons on blu ray!

Got my Roku today via USPS. Was ordered on Sunday evening.

For those still waiting, the was a holiday this last week so a day was lost. Might be why some are not getting them yet?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

hmmm:D Glad that fixed it for ya.:) Sometimes it's easy to forget the simple things.

Now that my Google TV boxes are acting flaky after the last update, I'm gonna go back to Roku as my primary Net TV device. I prefer it to the SmarTV apps in most new TV's and BDP's, as well.

I found that a factory reset and then having it download the latest update fixed my Google TV's issues. You might want to give that a shot.

How soon after original air date does TWD hit these services? The $120 more than pays for the first two seasons on blu ray!

Amazon-A day after, but you have to pay $2.99 per episode for the HD Version (720P only and looks more like 480P), $1.99 for SD.
Netflix-A year after.
My advice, try Vudu if you are going to pay, same price as Amazon, great 1080P picture, almost Blu-Ray quality

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts