didn't want to do it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chase8000

Original poster
Aug 31, 2012
corona, ca
But I am missing the Lakers game now. Have to switch to Time Warner Cable since Directv didn't settle on a Sportsnet channel price. I hate cable but i love the Lakers.

You may have been able to call them, complain, and maybe you'd get NBA league pass for free. Then call a day or two later and "move" just outside of the Lakers "home" area and watch them on league pass. win / win

You may have been able to call them, complain, and maybe you'd get NBA league pass for free. Then call a day or two later and "move" just outside of the Lakers "home" area and watch them on league pass. win / win

DTV is really starting to piss me off with how they are handling this situation in the LA area. They are insisting that the new Lakers channel gets added to their "sports pack" lineup....yet they never had the same demands with MSG and the YES Network.

I recently signed up with DTV because I kept hearing how there's "no way" they would not carry the Lakers channel because they're "DIRECTV".....the best and the biggest TV provider, blah, blah, blah.

Had I known they were going to pull this crap, I would have gone somewhere else. Seriously, SHAME on DTV!!!

DTV is really starting to piss me off with how they are handling this situation in the LA area. They are insisting that the new Lakers channel gets added to their "sports pack" lineup....yet they never had the same demands with MSG and the YES Network.

I recently signed up with DTV because I kept hearing how there's "no way" they would not carry the Lakers channel because they're "DIRECTV".....the best and the biggest TV provider, blah, blah, blah.

Had I known they were going to pull this crap, I would have gone somewhere else. Seriously, SHAME on DTV!!!

Hello ....
YES IS in the Sports Package ONLY, unless you have the League Pass.

How do I "move" outside the Lakers home area--say that i am moving the dish myself and give them another address? I would even pay for League pass --How far is out of Lakers area--out of the state?

How do I "move" outside the Lakers home area--say that i am moving the dish myself and give them another address? I would even pay for League pass --How far is out of Lakers area--out of the state?

You would want to confirm, but I believe Bakersfield would be the Lakers market, while Fresno appears to have both Warriors and Kings (CSN Bay Area & CSN California).

I put in a Fresno area zip and confirmed those two CSN channels. By doing this, you would also lose your LA locals and lose your LA RSN (Dodgers and Angels games). But you could always "move" back after NBA season.

As to "how to move" you just call them and give them an address in the area you want to move. Probably best to get creative, like add an "A" to the address, apartment number or something. Read some of the "move" threads for additional ideas.

Call them and say:

Hi I need to move my service address please. I have a secondary home that we are now living in 6 months or so a year. Pretty cool when we bought it the owner already had put up a Directv dish and I just hooked my receiver up to the wall and it works. Figured you guys would need to come out for a service call or something.

<add some sort of useless data to the address you use like apt 690 or Unit 12 etc> in case they already have someone with service there. RV parks work well as do apartment buildings.

Rep: Oh wow, ok. I can do that for you. Thanks for the address are you sure you don't need a service call

You: Yup everything is working perfectly. Please make sure to keep my billing address at 4554654 for my office handles all of that so we have all our bills go there.

Rep: Ok, no problem sir. Is there anything else I can help you with

You: No, thank you I hope you have a great night.

<hang up>

<go watch your lakers free>

Call them and say:

Hi I need to move my service address please. I have a secondary home that we are now living in 6 months or so a year. Pretty cool when we bought it the owner already had put up a Directv dish and I just hooked my receiver up to the wall and it works. Figured you guys would need to come out for a service call or something.

<add some sort of useless data to the address you use like apt 690 or Unit 12 etc> in case they already have someone with service there. RV parks work well as do apartment buildings.

Rep: Oh wow, ok. I can do that for you. Thanks for the address are you sure you don't need a service call

You: Yup everything is working perfectly. Please make sure to keep my billing address at 4554654 for my office handles all of that so we have all our bills go there.

Rep: Ok, no problem sir. Is there anything else I can help you with

You: No, thank you I hope you have a great night.

<hang up>

<go watch your lakers free>

too much out of my nature, but if someone with League Pass out of my area wants to give me their online sign in and password I will watch them on my laptop!

Correct,
the OP is in CA.
His point was that DirecTV did not demand that YES be a sports package only channel, but they are demanding the new Lakers RSN be a sports channel only package. So he would be forced to purchase an entire package to watch his local team, while those in NY would not have to purchase the Sports Package to watch their local team(s)

His point was that DirecTV did not demand that YES be a sports package only channel, but they are demanding the new Lakers RSN be a sports channel only package. So he would be forced to purchase an entire package to watch his local team, while those in NY would not have to purchase the Sports Package to watch their local team(s)

Exactly. I live in the LA area and I think it's total BS on DTV's part insisting that the new Lakers RSN is to be included in the "Sports Pack" instead of adding it to the regular package that already includes FS West and FS Prime Ticket.

I'm hoping that DTV and Time Warner Cable reach an agreement within the next week or so because I've already missed ALL 8 preseason games and 1 regular season game thus far. Being that DTV is the "premier" satellite and TV provider in the US, I find this unacceptable (as do many other DTV Lakers fans subscribers)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts