Digital Home Advantage / Protection

new_to_hdtv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2004
not far enough North
My parents signed up for Dish back in July of '04 and received a 522 at that time under the Dish Home Advantage (lease?).
On their last two billing statements there are $5.99 charges for Dish Home Protection. What's that for? Wouldn't any repairs to the receivers already be covered under the lease plan? :confused:

the lease doesn't cover anything extra the owned e* boxes for the 1st year cover. They must've added it to get the extra services the plan covers.

Did they sign up for this ?? Odd that it appears on their bill now and it sounds like you look after it for them maybe...

I wouldn't sign up for it 'til I needed it.

It wouldnt of just..appeared on their bill, it's either been on there since they signed up or they called for something and it was added. The service thing covers the shipping charge(14.95) and gives a discounted service call for stuff, $29 isntead of $99. They may have signed up under the promotion where theres a 5.99 charge and 5.99 credit on the bill for the first 1 or 2 years too, so might want to chekc that too. if not just call and have it removed. no fee to add or remove it

hall said:
Did they sign up for this ?? Odd that it appears on their bill now and it sounds like you look after it for them maybe...

I wouldn't sign up for it 'til I needed it.

As a new customer I recall this being there as free for a few months, then later they start charging for it. That seems to be pretty standard for add-on services these days - throw the add-ons in free then start charging after a few months and hope that either you get hooked or you don't notice the charge increase or take the time to cancel. My cell provider does that too - free web service for three months to get you hooked...

BFG said:
the lease doesn't cover anything extra the owned e* boxes for the 1st year cover. They must've added it to get the extra services the plan covers.
Not sure what you mean... What extra services does it cover?
hall said:
Did they sign up for this ??
They didn't sign up for it so I suspect that it was free in the beginning and is now just showing up on their bill.

DHA covered everything that DHPP does without the $5.99 charge except you have to pay the S&H and the full $100 service call instead of $29 if I am not mistaken. This is if you lease the hardware from Dish Nework as well such as the 522.

Leaving Dish Network....and the coming back

Dish Flat Panel TV's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)