Digital to Analog Coupons Going Out Starting 2/19

They're here!

Stopped into Wally World today to get some Tax software and stopped thru the TV aisle. They now carry on the shelf Magnavox Digital to Analog converter boxes. Don't know if there is an S-video ouput as the box labeling didn't say. Anyway, I'm glad to see some units on the shelf. $49 and change was the price.

Are stations broadcasting in digital NOW? Or is this a flip-the-switch kind of thing where the digital broadcasting begins Feb 2009?

Most stations are broadcadting in both digital and analog now. In February the analog broadcasting ends but there is no reason that you can't start watching digital broadcasts now----assuming that you can recive them.

the magnavox box at Walmart does not have s video. The cobranded Sling/Echostar box looks like a good value.

the article you quote says that they do not know if it has s-video. It never says that the product does not have it. The articles at the time of CES indicate it does. But I have to admit that the only picture I found showing outputs did not seem to show it. Does anyone know fors ure?

Last edited:
That is funny

So tonight I was looking through my house for the coupons. Thank goodness for this article. I didn't realize they have not even sent the first batch yet. LOL. Thought I got them and lost them. Watched a article last night on the boxes now all over the place.

60.00 best buy.
50.00 walmart

No I don't have any specs. But they are really generic boxes. One of them at walmart had a universal remote. I think it was walmart.

Later,
Josh

This maybe a stupid question but here goes.When I buy my 2 converter boxes will I have to hook antennas up to them.I use rabbit ears on the 2 Tvs that will need the boxes.Thank you for any info.

Yes, receiving ATSC signal will require use of an antenna. Rabbit ears may or may not work depending on your distance away from the transmitting tower and the local topography.

Too bad Echostar's box won't be out when people will get their coupons.

That depends on when you asked---or when the govet sends them---and how quickly Echostart gets them to market. I would noit try to predict the timing of either mush less both.

the article you quote says that they do not know if it has s-video. It never says that the product does not have it.
True. Just from personal experience with that website, usually if its not listed, it doesn't have it.

Until we actually see one, we won't know.

So anyone ever heard of any of those s-video boxes? I guess I need to start my own thread about that, since I've been hammering on that for a little bit now. :D

signal problem on one of my channel

Will stations power up in 2009?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)