Direct or Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dugan5468

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
Columbiana, Ohio
Currently have dish with hopper and 3 joeys. Get 200 channels with no movie channels..... Paying 63.00 monthly

Saw direct had 29.99 with 4 room hookup for a year with movie channels free for 3 months and Sunday ticket this year and next free.

Suggestions

Directv will run you more. I'm at 63 now with choice extra and that's with a genie and client. It would be 73 without refer a friend . That 29.99 doesn't include any additional fees. You'd be at what you're paying now or more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are you looking to switch? Based on the last post, i can see where the price might be rebutted (I've never had Directv). But, if it's programing, check to see what package will give you your viewing preferences. Are you big into having Sunday Ticket?

Compares all of Directv's packages to your current Dish and figure out which channels you watch the most. Then figure out what the total regular price will be with equipment fees with Directv.

Techs can offer ST max for the rest of 2014 and all of 2015 right now just fyi

Edit just saw ur op said that lol. Anyhow the 29.99 is base. Add 6x4 for 4tvs. So another 24. Then add 15 if you want a dvr. So 69/month for a year plus tax if applicable for four rooms with dvr. If you qualify for a free genie then the dvr will work in all four rooms.

Techs currently have a 100visa offer. I think the 200 national offer is over but I could be wrong.

direc tv will be more than dish in the future. However, up front Id jump at the chance to get free NFL ticket
for a year for free....
My preferences aside, i have to agree with you. I'm a huge NHL fan. Free Center Ice might get me to jump. To the OP, like is said here, if Sunday Ticket is a big selling point, then it is worth it.

Reactions: lern4483
My preferences aside, i have to agree with you. I'm a huge NHL fan. Free Center Ice might get me to jump. To the OP, like is said here, if Sunday Ticket is a big selling point, then it is worth it.

Agreed!!! My favorite is the NHL...No brainer. Ive never seen Direct offer free NHL??
Ive got to tell you that NHL is very much worth it even if its not free. Its not as high as
the NFL ticket.

Plus Directs coverage is really the best Ive seen out of all providers in regards to
showing the most games.
As a former New Yorker getting MSG network is worth the price of admission.

To my knowledge no providers have ever offered NHL package as a new customer promo, so that is unlikely. You could get the half season price if you wait until the all star break (or slightly before).
That drops it to around $100 for the remainder of the year.

One thing I'd point out is DirecTV has far fewer channel disruptions due to contract disputes, dish has had many of those the past couple years.

I prefer the Genie to the Hopper just being able to always record 5 things, but I do think Dish has a better user interface than DirecTV. Their guide (dish) is much better.

Reactions: edisonprime
To my knowledge no providers have ever offered NHL package as a new customer promo, so that is unlikely. You could get the half season price if you wait until the all star break (or slightly before).

One thing I'd point out is DirecTV has far fewer channel disruptions due to contract disputes, dish has had many of those the past couple years.

I prefer the Genie to the Hopper just being able to always record 5 things, but I do think Dish has a better user interface than DirecTV. Their guide (dish) is much better.

Agreed!
I have both systems. I enjoy both. I use to think that Hopper equipment was much faster (scrolling)
then Genie. Nope Im wrong. Never realized just how responsive Genie can be.

I do like Prime time/Auto Hop.
To me best feature on Hopper is Blu tooth.
When wife goes to sleep I use my beats without sound worry.

I wish Direct would add that feature.
I do give the slight HD picture nod to direct (NHL) never looks so good.
Plus, I love the Direc app. I always go to it to record when out of house.
Best Tv app!

One Huge bonus to having DirecTV is that EVERY NHL game on Center Ice is full HD, except for some Games where both Teams are Canadian.

Got the genie and 2 wireless clients, choice programming, Sunday ticket free this and next year, movie channels for 3 months and 200 Visa card

Monthly bill 57.00.... Excited to make the switch

Got the genie and 2 wireless clients, choice programming, Sunday ticket free this and next year, movie channels for 3 months and 200 Visa card

Monthly bill 57.00.... Excited to make the switch

Were did you see or hear of the $200 gift card....I have missed that?

That is a good deal but am wondering how it's $57 with three receivers. I have a win back offer with a $250 gift card but pricing three receivers and the choice package comes out to $63/mo the first year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)