Direct overcharged thousands of customers

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I generally agree. But I think if SiriusXM had not merged, they might not be in business today.
I generally agree. But I think if SiriusXM had not merged, they might not be in business today.

I still don't approve of mergers even for this. If they can't exist on their own, without the need of merging into a single company or having the government come in, they shouldn't exist. I love my SiriusXM but if it weren't around, I'd still live. Heck, I love 3D TV, but I can see why TV manufacturers all dropped them. I could go on about things like PBS, NPR, or the United States Postal Service, but that would get too political.

I setup autopay with a debit card to get the $10 off monthly, been 3 billing cycles since I changed to a debit card from a credit card and they have yet to fix this...
AT&T is one royal pain to deal with, especially when it comes to their own promos.

Reactions: pattykay
I still don't approve of mergers even for this. If they can't exist on their own, without the need of merging into a single company or having the government come in, they shouldn't exist.......

I might agree about no Government money. Allowing no mergers hurts the consumer FAR more than having it and literally makes no sense.

I setup autopay with a debit card to get the $10 off monthly, been 3 billing cycles since I changed to a debit card from a credit card and they have yet to fix this...
AT&T is one royal pain to deal with, especially when it comes to their own promos.
Are you saying you never had any of these issues prior to Att taking over ?

Having ten SIGNIFICANT players in the game, maybe, but only two or three, no way.

Isn't that a naive way to see it? Pulling some number out of the air as well makes zero sense. I don't think there are nor have there ever been 10 significant Cable providers not even close. Not even close to 10 wireless providers. (All the small ones are using wireless structure of the big companies) There never was nor likely never will there be 10 Satellite radio or TV providers. In fact what you are saying is counter to what can be good for the consumer. Many of the VOIP providers have merged. But as a result of some being merged with or bought by Vonage (as an example) Vonage has added many features they did not have but did acquire. Here in Tampa Brighthouse was probably just not big enough to develop all new apps and and ways to watch what you already pay for online mobile etc.. But when they merged with Charter all of the Spectrum offerings were available. It isn't black and white.

Are you saying you never had any of these issues prior to Att taking over ?

Billing wise, not that I remember with DirecTV, they were always on top of things, showed account transaction activity immediately if a rep made any changes, with AT&T they don't offer that option on their site.

Billing wise, not that I remember with DirecTV, they were always on top of things, showed account transaction activity immediately if a rep made any changes, with AT&T they don't offer that option on their site.
Interesting, when I go to my bill and look under Statements, choose the current one below it shows a spot that says "What changed since Last month"
If they have made any changes, it shows up.

Isn't that a naive way to see it? Pulling some number out of the air as well makes zero sense. I don't think there are nor have there ever been 10 significant Cable providers not even close. Not even close to 10 wireless providers. (All the small ones are using wireless structure of the big companies) There never was nor likely never will there be 10 Satellite radio or TV providers. In fact what you are saying is counter to what can be good for the consumer. Many of the VOIP providers have merged. But as a result of some being merged with or bought by Vonage (as an example) Vonage has added many features they did not have but did acquire. Here in Tampa Brighthouse was probably just not big enough to develop all new apps and and ways to watch what you already pay for online mobile etc.. But when they merged with Charter all of the Spectrum offerings were available. It isn't black and white.

I see mergers good for the big corporate executives, not the consumer. In my opinion, the more competition, the freer the market, and that monopolies nullify a free market, and I see free markets helping people of all incomes, especially those with very low incomes. I could explain how I believe more SIGNIFICANT companies could form to compete, but then I would be getting very political then (much more than even now). And yes, I know that ten significant players is very much a very improbability, but I'm only talking on idealism. But I'm a realist and know that will never happen. I'm sure you've played the board game Monopoly, and if you pay close attention, the best time for the consumer is at the BEGINNING of the game, not the end.

Interesting. I am not surprised, but it is 100% the opposite of my experience with AT&T, Cingular, and BellSouth Mobility over the years. When I switched to my debit card for auto-pay, it took about 10 business days before I got the text that the promo had been applied. The inconsistency from customer to customer is what is weird to me. Of the other wireless carriers I have had, Verizon is the one which was the most difficult to deal with, but most people I talk to have the opposite experience.

Interesting. I am not surprised, but it is 100% the opposite of my experience with AT&T, Cingular, and BellSouth Mobility over the years. When I switched to my debit card for auto-pay, it took about 10 business days before I got the text that the promo had been applied. The inconsistency from customer to customer is what is weird to me. Of the other wireless carriers I have had, Verizon is the one which was the most difficult to deal with, but most people I talk to have the opposite experience.

Hmmm, strange I never received a message confirming the discount...

Hmmm, strange I never received a message confirming the discount...

This is the txt I got:

"AT&T Free Msg: We have confirmed your eligibility for the AutoPay and paperless billing discount on your AT&T Unlimited Plus plan. Go to att.com/unlimitedplan for full details on your plan. Thanks for choosing AT&T."

Try changing your wireless service 1 day after your billing cycle and selecting the option to start the changes with said billing cycle. All was well until I got my statement....yeah royally screwed it by NOT charging me at ALL for either the old or new plan. LMFAO! I have 3 lines and they only charged 1 of them for the new $20 per line fee (switched to new Unlimited Plus)...no access fee...no charging the other lines $20 or even the old fee. So, I'm bracing for the worst where my next bill will be totall effed up showing all kinds of charges...pro-rated and otherwise. MAN, if I had ONLY remembered to change it the day of my last billing cycle! Really though, if they give you the option to select start with THIS billing cycle, you'd think the program would have a way to calculate it all up correctly. I will have to go through the damn thing with a fine tooth comb now to hopefully catch anything that got screwed up (including my D* discounts primarily). Ugh....OH...and the wife cracked her screen ($89 repair) as well as the daughter's S6 battery failing ($168 replacement deductible). This next bill is gonna be a DOOZY! :-/

I have combined billing, and I DISapprove of this message :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.