Direct TV sports pack

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dhofman

Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
I currently have cable and am looking to switch because Comcast has ticked me off too many times. My question is regarding Direct TVs sports pack. In the package there are a number of FSN channels. Do all of those channels come with that sports pack, or only the ones in the region you are located?

If all of the channels come with the package, for certain regions what is the criteria for what programming you see. Example of this would be FSN North. I currently live in MI, however I would like to see programming from WI. However FSN North is both WI and MN. If the MI Twins and the Milwaukee Brewers have a game on at the same time and I have the sports pack, what game do I get?

If I know I can see the 125 planned Brewers games on FSN North, getting the sports pack with all the extra channels is a much better deal than just getting the In Demand MLB ticket. So I miss 35 games, I am not going to be able to watch every single one anyway.

Any input is much appreciated. Thanks!

I currently have cable and am looking to switch because Comcast has ticked me off too many times. My question is regarding Direct TVs sports pack. In the package there are a number of FSN channels. Do all of those channels come with that sports pack, or only the ones in the region you are located?
You get your local RSN as defined by zip code. You can add the rest of them for a fee.

If all of the channels come with the package, for certain regions what is the criteria for what programming you see. Example of this would be FSN North. I currently live in MI, however I would like to see programming from WI. However FSN North is both WI and MN. If the MI Twins and the Milwaukee Brewers have a game on at the same time and I have the sports pack, what game do I get?
There are 2 FSN North. The main one is FSN MN. The Wisco feed is on an alternate channel. If you get FSN North as your main RSN, you will get blacked out of MN sports (except college). You will see the Bucks, Brewers, and Badgers and any other college sports

If I know I can see the 125 planned Brewers games on FSN North, getting the sports pack with all the extra channels is a much better deal than just getting the In Demand MLB ticket. So I miss 35 games, I am not going to be able to watch every single one anyway.
On the RSN package, pretty much all pro sports is blacked out except your local teams

I am in a similar situation as far as FSN North goes. Here is the easy way to know what you get. First you have to type in your ZIP on the DTV site to determine eligibility of pro teams. When the website gives you your teams here is how it goes down:

There is FSN North on channel 641. This is the Minnesota version and includes 24/7 programming and sports. Channel 642 is FSN Wisconsin. This channel is not 24/7 and carries Wisconsin sports. Both channels will be open to you all the time unless there is a pro team that you are NOT eligible to receive in which that game will be blacked out.

For example, where I live I am eligible to get the Milwaukee Bucks (NBA), Milwaukee Brewers (MLB), Minnesota Wild (NHL), and Minnesota Lynx (WNBA). The two Milwaukee teams will be on the FSN WI feed since they are Wisconsin teams and the two Minnesota teams are on FNS North since they are both Minnesota teams. Those games are always in the clear for me.

Now there are a few teams in Minnesota on FSN North that I am blacked out of. I do NOT get the Minnesota Timberwolves (NBA) and Minnesota Twins (MLB). So if either of those teams are playing on FSN North I will be blacked out.

I hope that helps you with your FSN North/WI issue. Here is the link to put your ZIP into:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=P3000004

Good point I failed to read into that part. I hope this will not be a regional thing only. In other words if you live outside Big 10 country will you be able to get it. I would think so,but who knows.

Thanks for all the info!

It appears that getting the sports package really does me no good. The only pro broadcasts I would get is from teams in MI. Could care less about that. I guess in order for me to get the pro games I want, I have to order the MLB Extra Innings.

I do not have HD so......it might be easier for me to order the MLB games online and use a TV out on a computer to watch the games. I still need to figure it all out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts