Directivo remote question for the clueless?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

freakedout

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 28, 2004
My mother is getting a modular home and her builder informed her that he added a "wire closet" so that she could use it to move cable and sat to all the tvs in her home. She was planning on directv due to the bellsouth discount. So does the directivo remote allow for it to be installed in a central location and be use all over. I know my dishnetwork boxes can be centrally located and fed to the whole house.
BTW, she has also decided to buy a 30'' + size lcd flat panel tv and does not want those "ugly" boxes cluttering her new house. But when I wanted a new hdtv for the better picture I got a lecture on not wasting $$$. Go figure.
Thanks for the help in advance.

John

You can certainly put a TiVo in the closet, and distribute the ouput to a TV(s) elsewhere in the house. You can distribute the RF output of the TiVo (easiest), or the a/v outputs (better quality). But the TiVo remote is not RF. You will either need an IR distribution system, an IR repeater system (like the pyramids), or the easiest may be this remote extender. It basically converts an IR remote into an RF remote.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Good Chance-BBC World Coming To DirecTV!!

PIP with TivoDVR?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts