Directs latest glitch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

69Mustang

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 21, 2005
I received a phone call from D* last night. A billing csr was calling to say that I was on the list to be disconnected very soon. I remembered that I didn't receive the last 2 months bills through the mail when I got the first email from D* so I immediately sent the payment. Anyhow I told her to please check the acct again because it's now current and she appoligizes and I ask her why is it that I haven't received the last 2 months bills, she checks her system again and say "I'm sorry but it appears that you are now on online billing only". I never changed my acct prefferences and she says " I do appoligize sir, there was a systems glitch a few months ago that automatically switched billing choices" ?!!

I don't know how many people this effected but, that's messed up.

They put my mother on online billing as well. Had to make CC payment and tell them paper only. Also my acct, since I just signed back up last month, was also online billing as well. Had to once again tell them paper only. I hope they didn't do this to everyone.

I had the same issue and had to go round and round with them on it....Supposedly my bill is fixed but we will see...If I don't get one by 10/1 I'll know.

I do online biiling and auto pay already. I think by doing auto-pay you have more leverage with retention when it is time to get stuff

I had the same issue on my last month but luckily I gave them the finger when I left. Another deceptive practice brought you by T*B*....

I'm old fashioned and like to write checks...plus I do not trust D* with my CC number...I have heard too many horror stories.

They changed me over as well. At first I didn't like it but now I don't even worry about it. I knew it was coming. I heard about it a few months ago.

icstephen said:
I'm old fashioned and like to write checks...plus I do not trust D* with my CC number...I have heard too many horror stories.
I agree with that statement, but it way mroe convenient to let D* bill my CC. I have a very low limit card that is only used for various billings such as D*, so ther e is not much they can do.

Same thing happened to me, next thing I heard was a disconnect threat. I had to go online and switch it back

stuart628 said:
WHo is T*B*? by the way you keep saying that?

The Bank?

Anyway, I realized I had not received a bill recently when I went to sign up for TWC. They needed a recent bill. The most recent I had was July. I have autopay, so no issues with disconnection, but it is a little annoying.

Ted

Me too...

They got me last month too...

Also be careful if you make an online payment for the first time as there is a small checkbox that is selected by default for online billing only.

"I'm old fashioned and like to write checks...plus I do not trust D* with my CC number...I have heard too many horror stories."

Nowdays someone could easily use the routing and account numbers on your check and electronically clean out your account.

Nothing is safe, really.

I am in the check writing camp, I don't like to give a company access to my bank account when they see fit to get their money. I like to give them the funds when I feel they should get them. Just my personal preference.

They did this to me, too. I still haven't recieved a bill other than a duplicate that they sent after I already paid. I got an email saying I could look at it online yesterday. There had better be a piece of mail in my future. I do not watch anything on D* that I can't get with Comcast..........

paulman182 said:
"I'm old fashioned and like to write checks...plus I do not trust D* with my CC number...I have heard too many horror stories."

Nowdays someone could easily use the routing and account numbers on your check and electronically clean out your account.

Nothing is safe, really.

That is true but if they where to do that I could get it back...which I could do on my CC but its just the point, I am not going to be bullied into paying with my CC if I don't want to. I have plenty of other things that I bill on my CC.

The problem I had with D* aka TB, is that they just do things weird. Why couldn't they have sent me a notice that I was on online billing now or check to see if that was my real choice. Instead there's a glitch, they know about it, and then just wait and charge late fees? Unfortunately I've had several problems with their billing dept in the last 6 months and it is a major pain in the butt to get it straight. If it wasn't for the ST football I'd be gone.

Sean Mota said:
I had the same issue on my last month but luckily I gave them the finger when I left. Another deceptive practice brought you by T*B*....
I wonder, did it make you feel better and did they see it ????

cforrest said:
I am in the check writing camp, I don't like to give a company access to my bank account when they see fit to get their money. I like to give them the funds when I feel they should get them. Just my personal preference.
I agree 100 % ....
I will send them money when I want to...
actually , thats how I feel about any bills I have...
Except D*, as I pay them once a year... that way I never have to worry about it not getting there, but I still get a paper bill so I can keep track of it.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts