Directv 4k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hall

Original poster
Oct 9, 2015
Sulphur Springs Tx
We recently installed Directv Genie for a customer and he keeps calling my office and directv asking why he can't receive 4k. When he calls Directv the reps tell him he should be receiving it that something must be wrong with the installation. We've reviewed the content from directv.com and it doesn't show any Sony 4k tvs as being compatible.

First question has anyone seen any info saying sony tvs are compatible or do u have one that works with 4k content.

Second question what 4k content is available on Directv. Is it just on demand, are there 4k channels?

Last question does this require a 5 sat or will it work with 3 sat?

Question 1 - No haven't seen anything mention Sony. However if you put a C61K on that TV (and place the Geneie on another TV) It can pick up the 4K content DIRECTV currently has which is all VOD.
Question 2 - Only on demand 4K is available currently, when LIVE 4K comes the user will need a new LNB (or possibly new dish) which will be needed to pick up the reverse bands on the new DIRECTV 15 satellite. In addition the customer will need a HR54 as I am told it is the only receiver which can handle the reverse beams and also be able to process the bonded transponders needed for 4K.) The DIRECT 15 satellite is where they plan on putting the live 4K content.
Question 3 - See question 2. :)

Reactions: salsadancer7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Homepage Poll

My signature

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)