Directv Automatic Recording for Disabled Person

raydeez1

Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
Springfield Missouri
We're hoping for solution, my wife has severe MS and can barely move anything, she is a quadriplegic. For the last two years, we've used a Tivo HD (two tuner) to watch a combination of OTA and cable television. After switching to Directv, I'm trying to do the following.

Program shows in such a manner for the channels to change automatically throughout the day for her to watch shows she likes, (no channel surfing).
In Tivo, as in many DVRs, the device assumes that you want to watch the show being recorded at a later date and it will leave the tuner tuned to the channel being watched and not recorded. To get around this in Tivo, I set up the recordings manually with slight offsets in start time, and since it is also set to recurring mode and keeping only one copy, it's not a problem with space and the tuners change channels per the schedule and she watches the shows as they are broadcast.
I tried doing this with the HDR24 and the conflicting scheduled recordings cleverly just gets both recordings from the same tuner and as I said saves them into the playlist as two recordings. This is not what we want. We want the shows viewable as they occur, changing channels ongoing.
Is it possible to disable one of the tuners (not the preferred manner). Any suggestions for this very important question....
R S

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

There is a setting in the menu for single tuner use. I suspect you would have to disconnect one of the cables if there are two going to the dvr.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts