directv charge

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cobra55

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 27, 2005
ky
:mad:directv charged me $10.00 to cancel my protection plan,anyone ever had this done to them, seem's anymore directv is not to interested in customer CARE.

If you had read the protection plan terms in the cancellation section it says that if you cancel the plan mid term then there is a $10 cancellation fee.

If you had read the protection plan terms in the cancellation section it says that if you cancel the plan mid term then there is a $10 cancellation fee.

When the CSR called to confirm that things were working the day after the install, she said they automatically add that coverage to new users. I told her to cancel it, she said it was free for 30 days and wanted me to keep it, and call back in 30 days. I told her that since it was all leased. cancel NOW!

Now, I know why they want you to keep it, so they can charge you when you cancel it. That seems like it should be illegal and wish I had taped the call, then we would find out if it were, at least in this state.

When the CSR called to confirm that things were working the day after the install, she said they automatically add that coverage to new users. I told her to cancel it, she said it was free for 30 days and wanted me to keep it, and call back in 30 days. I told her that since it was all leased. cancel NOW!

Now, I know why they want you to keep it, so they can charge you when you cancel it. That seems like it should be illegal and wish I had taped the call, then we would find out if it were, at least in this state.

If that's what happened I'd get back to D* and tell them what happened, you might want to go through retention since they actually seem to care about keeping folks happy.

IF you need any rec's replaced anywhere down the line, THATS where the protection plan comes into play.

Jimbo

They've done that for me without protection plan since the lease started.

However, they don't deal with the dish or cabling or whatever, unless you have protection.

i would think since the receivers are leased now, they are covered no matter what ?
The receivers are covered, but there is much more to the setup than the receivers. The others:

1. Antenna
2. Cabling
3. Switchgear
4. Shipping costs

I makes little sense to cancel the free protection unless you won't be around to cancel it when it becomes an extra cost option.

The receivers are covered, but there is much more to the setup than the receivers. The others:

1. Antenna
2. Cabling
3. Switchgear
4. Shipping costs

I makes little sense to cancel the free protection unless you won't be around to cancel it when it becomes an extra cost option.

The "protection" (insurance) is only free for the 1st 30 days.

In about 10 years with satellite, I have never had any problems with any of the components, so if something fails other than the leased gear, I have already saved way more than what the charges would have been for that time period.

The "protection" (insurance) is only free for the 1st 30 days.

In about 10 years with satellite, I have never had any problems with any of the components, so if something fails other than the leased gear, I have already saved way more than what the charges would have been for that time period.

If you have a problem with D*'s"leased receivers" D* can charge you $19.95 S&H.
When you sign up for D*'s protection plan it is not active for 30 days and D* does not charge you for it,but if you need a service call during this time D* will charge you a reduced rate of $14.95.;)
D* protection plan covers everything the"lease"does not including alignments
.So if nothing goes out per year you just might want to look at your signal levels every year and say "That dish needs alignment"!.;)
A lot of subscribers can do alot of the repairs to their system,but if you can't or are not physically able to then the protection plan is for you and well worth the price.;)

If you have a problem with D*'s"leased receivers" D* can charge you $19.95 S&H.
When you sign up for D*'s protection plan it is not active for 30 days and D* does not charge you for it,but if you need a service call during this time D* will charge you a reduced rate of $14.95.;)
D* protection plan covers everything the"lease"does not including alignments
.So if nothing goes out per year you just might want to look at your signal levels every year and say "That dish needs alignment"!.;)
A lot of subscribers can do alot of the repairs to their system,but if you can't or are not physically able to then the protection plan is for you and well worth the price.;)

Hate to contradict you, but am looking at my 1st bill (which they had no problem getting here within days of the install) and it has a line item for the protection plan and says next to it: FREE for 30 days. :)

Am not too worried about the cables, etc. and if they align the dish and bolt it down properly, if it ever changes, the dish will be the least of my worries.

As far as the shipping charge goes, yes, they can charge you, but I don't know anyone who has ever paid the charge and nobody I know has the insurance plan.

Sounds to me like you you have forgotten facts on billing and bought into their scare tactics for the rest. And yes, if my antenna was not secured properly, I would call the installer back to fix the dayum thing. :)

Hate to contradict you, but am looking at my 1st bill (which they had no problem getting here within days of the install) and it has a line item for the protection plan and says next to it: FREE for 30 days. :)

Am not too worried about the cables, etc. and if they align the dish and bolt it down properly, if it ever changes, the dish will be the least of my worries.

As far as the shipping charge goes, yes, they can charge you, but I don't know anyone who has ever paid the charge and nobody I know has the insurance plan.

Sounds to me like you you have forgotten facts on billing and bought into their scare tactics for the rest. And yes, if my antenna was not secured properly, I would call the installer back to fix the dayum thing. :)

And pay the $70 service call charge that you get on all service calls outside of the initial warranty period of 60 days.

And pay the $70 service call charge that you get on all service calls outside of the initial warranty period of 60 days.

Somehow, if I am not getting good signals, I think I would be aware of it long before the 30 days was up. Also, since installation is NOT ROCKET SCIENCE by any means, checking the install is something that everyone should do, but then, I re-tighten the bolts on my OTA and satellite dishes at least yearly.

BTW, all the tools you need to work with RG-6 can be cheaply bought at RS, Harbor Freight, etc. so no need to pay for a service call if you need to run another cable or something small like that. :D

It's a great deal DirecTV sells it because they know that even though they're going to lose lots of money by offering this fantastic package to their customers it will make their stockholders happy from the warm feeling they get inside from this fantastic gift.

Seriously, extended warranties are a great money-maker in the CE industry.

Here's the items are exempted from the warranty...read them before you think $72/year is such a good deal. Notice that bad installs aren't covered, nor are "Acts of God". That means things like storms that knock your dish out are on your dime. So, let's see if the dish is properly installed and moves on its own (without aid of wind or being hit by something) then they'll come and align it for you.

What is Not Covered: (1) Incidental or consequential damages; (2)
Intentional acts or criminal acts by you, damage from accident, abuse,
misuse, introduction of foreign objects into the product, unauthorized
product modifications or alterations, failure to follow the
manufacturer's instructions, third-party actions (fire, collision,
vandalism, loss, theft, etc.); (3) Accessories, including antennas; (4)
Preventative maintenance; (5) Damage which is not reported within
thirty (30) days after expiration of this Plan; (6) Damage to
commercially-used products (unless this Plan has been specifically
endorsed to cover commercial use); (7) External signal interference;
(8) Pre-existing conditions or problems; (9) Repairs associated with
incomplete or unsuccessful installation; (10) Any satellite dish or other
equipment made specifically for or permanently attached to
automobiles, recreational vehicles, including without limitation
watercraft, aircraft, or mobile homes; (11) Television/receiver
combinations where the repair or replacement is needed directly on the
combo unit; (12) Components and wiring related to the computer
service for integrated Broadband products such as Direcway and
DirecPC; (13) DIRECTV portable devices; (14) Satellite dishes mounted
to structures or objects that are not man-made and stationary; (15) any
failures, or parts and/or labor costs incurred as a result of a
manufacturers recall; (16) “Acts of God”.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)