Directv increased my DVR service to 5.99

Status
Please reply by conversation.

okaydave

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
I have had the DVR service for 1.5 years. I just activated a replacement R15 unit. Directv said that my fee is now 5.99 instead of 4.99 since I activated a R15, even though I had the service for a while now. Is this true? See email below:

Thanks for writing. I'm sorry for any confusion this situation may have caused you. Your monthly charge went up because the price for the DVR service is now $5.99 (plus $0.33 tax) for customers subscribing to the service after 8/01/05. Since you upgraded your DIRECTV system to include the new DIRECTV R15 receiver on 1/28/06, you were no longer eligible to get the previous DVR service for $4.99 (plus $0.0.28 tax). Your regular monthly bill would reflect the following charges:

TOTAL CHOICE............................$ 41.99 (plus $2.31 tax)
DIRECTV DVR Service_TiVo........$ 5.99 (plus $0.33 tax)
Additional Receiver......................$ 4.99 (plus $0.28 tax)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL..........................................$ 66.43

Just a reminder, the DVR service fee can be waived if you subscribe to our Total Choice Premier package for only $93.99 per month.

I hope this information has been helpful. Thanks again for writing and stay tuned to DIRECTV.com for the latest news and information about our services.

Sincerely,

Emmanuel
DIRECTV Customer Service

okaydave said:
I have had the DVR service for 1.5 years. I just activated a replacement R15 unit. Directv said that my fee is now 5.99 instead of 4.99 since I activated a R15, even though I had the service for a while now. Is this true? See email below:

Thanks for writing. I'm sorry for any confusion this situation may have caused you. Your monthly charge went up because the price for the DVR service is now $5.99 (plus $0.33 tax) for customers subscribing to the service after 8/01/05. Since you upgraded your DIRECTV system to include the new DIRECTV R15 receiver on 1/28/06, you were no longer eligible to get the previous DVR service for $4.99 (plus $0.0.28 tax). Your regular monthly bill would reflect the following charges:

TOTAL CHOICE............................$ 41.99 (plus $2.31 tax)
DIRECTV DVR Service_TiVo........$ 5.99 (plus $0.33 tax)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL..........................................$ 66.43

Just a reminder, the DVR service fee can be waived if you subscribe to our Total Choice Premier package for only $93.99 per month.

I hope this information has been helpful. Thanks again for writing and stay tuned to DIRECTV.com for the latest news and information about our services.

Sincerely,

Emmanuel
DIRECTV Customer Service

Sorry to say but this is correct and when you bought the new DVR from either DirecTV or a retailer the contract did inform you of this change. Even if you sent that box back for a refund you must still pay the new price of 5.99/month so your pretty much SOL on this now. At least its not per box.

Yep. Sorry man, but thats the deal now. By activating the R15 it not only uped the DVR charge, but probably increased your yearly commitment also. Check previous pages on this forum and you'll find that Satguys reported the "possibility" of an increase first a while back. LonghornXP, comment on the commitment increase??--Ray

raymo721 said:
Yep. Sorry man, but thats the deal now. By activating the R15 it not only uped the DVR charge, but probably increased your yearly commitment also. Check previous pages on this forum and you'll find that Satguys reported the "possibility" of an increase first a while back. LonghornXP, comment on the commitment increase??--Ray
Annual commitment is 2 years with advanced products now. DVR's or HD boxes.

Tonedeaf said:
Annual commitment is 2 years with advanced products now. DVR's or HD boxes.

That is correct so if you return the box to DirecTV you will go back to your old commitment (if you didn't have one before than after returning the box you still won't have one) "but" you are now locked into that 5.99/month DVR fee no matter what you do now.

Heh heh heh, I like how the email says you can waive your DVR fee by subscribing to premier package, but if i'm not mistaken, they raised that too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)