DirecTV Slim line dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hansokl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 4, 2010
Atlanta
Hey guys.. good morning.. I am making the switch from dish to directv this Thursday and wanted to see if anyone knows any information about the actual dish they will be installing. The sales guy that set up my account tried to find some info on it but was unable to determine the exact dish I will receive. The reason I am wanting to know is because I am planning to purchase another dish online that I could use for tailgating and wanted to go ahead and place an order. The only information I have is that it will be an 18inch slim line dish?? I'm guessing it will be a triple LNB but not sure of anything else. Thanks,

The 18" dish isn't a Slimline, it's likely a Phase III type, which does have three lnbs on it. Are you getting hd or sd service?

Thanks for that info.. I'm getting HD.. Choice extra with HMC. Do you know of any good places online to buy an extra dish? I saw a few on amazon but wanted to figure out which one I would be getting installed first. I actually didn't know that there is an option of only getting standard.

A Phase III isn't 18" Round, more like 18 X 20, and receives the 101, 110, and 119. I don't think it is used much anymore. One could swap in an SL3 LNB and convert it to the 99, 101, and 103, which will do HD. An 18" Round will only get the 101 and NO HD. A Slimline is around 32' wide and carries the 99, 101, and 103 using an SL3 and adds the 110, and 119 with an SL5. It does do HD.

I don't think the 110 carries anything mainstream and the 119 just has some locals, some SonicTap music, and some private channels.

Current Transponder Map here:

http://www.dbstalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29299&d=1339015443

The sales guy did mention it was a slimline dish and said something about it being a new dish they just started using.. I guess i'll wait until Thursday to see exactly which one I will get. Thanks for the help!!

Since you are getting the HMC, that means you will be getting a swm type lnb. They come in the 3 and 5 variety. Since Atlanta's local sd channels are on 101, there is a very high likelihood you will get the swm3 lnb, unless you are also getting a foreign language package. Many here use www.solidsignal.com, or contact Claude here at Satelliteguys. He has the Dish Store.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Free HD Confirmation Email

Skipping Commerials - a viewpoint

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)