DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Your only a 1 person house hold..that would be a silly thing to do
I do have guests, both Thanksgiving and XMAS, going to have a full house, should I tell them they are not allowed to watch TV if I had DirecTV instead of streaming, which does not give me those limitations.

And yes it is just me, but 4 Rooms I am regularly in, Living Room, Bedroom, Game/Reading Room and the Outside Theater.

Also my Labs might want to watch something.

Sorry
When you add in the cost of high speed internet..you get less..way less
Don't need a Gbps to stream HD content. My parents got a deal for about $20 or $25 a month, and the streaming is just fine. $20 to $25 is << Directv (or Dish or Cable).

The only I miss out on
I miss out on NOTHING. Life is too short.
Some not all
And some not all
Big difference between the selection games on ESPN+ and the full MLBEI and NHLCI/NHLPP packages.
You did not read what he posted, Live Channels, also On Demand, the same Live Channels that are on Traditional Providers.
Yeah I read it.

The Hallmark channels are endless reruns of mindless romances that seem to have been written by a computer. Rerun after rerun after rerun.
Again, this is another start, more streaming services will soon this this, Broadcasters can get the per sub fee from Live TV providers, then get more subscribers and Advertising Revenue for/from their streaming service and yet be competitors of Traditional Providers.
Why would ANYONE pay for linear TV if they could get a la carte the same thing. A la carte is anti-consumer.

What we are seeing here is that Peacock, which has always had a linear channel section in addition to on demand is adding, and charging for, more linear channels.

Welcome to the bundle.
Again, except for certain Sporting Events as noted above, I
Life is too short for any sentence that contains the word “except”.
all for $75 a month,

Plus the cost of high speed internet, which most people have no other need of.

But anyway, you have that in writing that these money-losing companies are going to never raise their prices?

Of course not. This is a blip. A bubble. All economic bubbles pop eventually. BUD did, and this is just like BUD. In five years, the survivors will be charging 10 times that, often with over-lapping programming so you get to pay for the same reruns multiple times.

You just need to have that available first
Having the internet also saves you money.

Shopping, no longer have to go to a store(s), wasting time and money(gas) doing so, usually cheaper prices also.

No longer have to subscribe to Newspapers and Magazines.

No longer have to buy stamps, use Facebook, email, etc.

Do not have to waste time and gas to go to the bank thanks to Direct Deposit.

Saves you time to pay bills also.

Helps you make money, a lot work from Home, which also saves money based on no commute..

I use it for my investment accounts, for example when Sirius’ stock hit 5 cents ( i think it was 2008), bought $1000 worth ( 20,000 shares, wished I bought a lot more), sold it at $4 ( should of held on to it).

Saves you money on TV Services, YTTV is $65, the same type of package is $100-150 from Traditional Providers, especially when you factor in fees.

Having the internet also saves you money.

Shopping, no longer have to go to a store(s), wasting time and money(gas) doing so, usually cheaper prices also.

No longer have to subscribe to Newspapers and Magazines.

No longer have to buy stamps, use Facebook, email, etc.

Do not have to waste time and gas to go to the bank thanks to Direct Deposit.

Saves you time to pay bills also.

Helps you make money, a lot work from Home, which also saves money based on no commute..

I use it for my investment accounts, for example when Sirius’ stock hit 5 cents ( i think it was 2008), bought $1000 worth ( 20,000 shares, wished I bought a lot more), sold it at $4 ( should of held on to it).

Saves you money on TV Services, YTTV is $65, the same type of package is $100-150 from Traditional Providers, especially when you factor in fees.
For most older folks..who cares..they like to interact with people..not live like a hermit

1667312564149.png

Local television​

E. W. Scripps Company Owns hundreds of television stations and networks Ion Television, Laff, Court TV, Ion Mystery, Grit, Bounce TV, and Newsy TV. Digital assets include United Media, Cracked.com, and Stitcher. Scripps previously held assets in radio, newspapers and cable television channels but has since divested those assets. Gray Television Owns television stations in 113 markets, including the assets of Hoak Media, Meredith Corporation, Quincy Media, Raycom Media, and Schurz Communications. Also co-manages the digital network Circle with the Grand Ole Opry. See: List of stations owned or operated by Gray Television. Hearst Television Owns 29 local television stations. It is the third-largest group owner of ABC-affiliated stations and the second-largest group owner of NBC affiliates. Parent company Hearst Communications owns 50% of broadcasting firm A&E Networks,[8] and 20% of the sports broadcaster ESPN—the last two both co-owned with The Walt Disney Company. See: List of assets owned by Hearst Communications. Nexstar Media Group The largest television station owner in the United States owning 197 television stations across the U.S., most of whom are affiliated with the four "major" U.S. television networks. It also owns NewsNation (formerly WGN America) and digital networks Antenna TV and Rewind TV. See: List of stations owned or operated by Nexstar Media Group. Sinclair Broadcast Group It owns or operates a large number of television stations across the country that are affiliated with all six major television networks, including stations formerly owned by Allbritton Communications, Barrington Broadcasting, Fisher Communications, Newport Television (and predecessor Clear Channel) and Bally Sports. Other assets include wrestling promotion Ring of Honor, Tennis Channel, sports network Stadium, digital networks Comet, Charge! and TBD, and over-the-top video service Stirr. See: List of stations owned or operated by Sinclair Broadcast Group. Tegna Inc. Owns or operates 66 television stations in 54 markets, and holds properties in digital media. Comprises the broadcast television and digital media divisions of the old Gannett Company.

==================================
Should we wonder why we have so many disputes with local channels? When you control hundreds of channels, all across the country, prices just keep rising from stations that broadcast free if you can receive them.

Big difference between the selection games on ESPN+ and the full MLBEI and NHLCI/NHLPP packages.
I have the MLB package via broadband, the only games I could not watch was anything with the Florida Teams which is not why I have it, also when The Tigers played Tampa.

ESPN+ has the same games as Center Ice, again no Florida, again, not why I have it.
The Hallmark channels are endless reruns of mindless romances that seem to have been written by a computer. Rerun after rerun after rerun.
If I remember correctly, Hallmark is the #10 Channel out of all Cable Channels, Women love that channel, I never want to watch it either, but there are a lot more people watching TV then you and I.
Why would ANYONE pay for linear TV if they could get a la carte the same thing. A la carte is anti-consumer.
Why do you keep saying that, it is proven, as of now, to be pro consumer because you can pay for what you want, not have to pay for what you do not want, unlike Traditional Live TV.
What we are seeing here is that Peacock, which has always had a linear channel section in addition to on demand is adding, and charging for, more linear channels.
And soon more streaming services will do the same, have to make of some of that per sub fees they have been losing with Traditional Providers.
Welcome to the bundle.
Except you can choose what to subscribe to, unlike Live TV, even the less expensive packages you have to pay that per sub fee on a bunch of channels you will never watch.
Life is too short for any sentence that contains the word “except”.
I may write except, but there is so much more content, I am never searching for something to watch, even being retired I cannot catch up with how much new content is streaming, both from Traditional/Cable Channels and the exclusive streaming shows.
Plus the cost of high speed internet, which most people have no other need of.
See my above post.
But anyway, you have that in writing that these money-losing companies are going to never raise their prices?
Of course, everything goes up, do you think Traditional Providers are going to have a price freeze that allows streaming to catch up, of course not, it will go up also.
Of course not. This is a blip. A bubble. All economic bubbles pop eventually. BUD did, and this is just like BUD.
A very small minority used the Big Dish back then, the vast majority stream now.

It has always been a minority using a Satellite Dish, even DBS, even at it’s peak, DirecTV with 21 Million, Dish with 14 Million, that is 35 Million out of 120 Million Households in 2016, that means 85 Million received TV programming from other means.
In five years, the survivors will be charging 10 times that, often with over-lapping programming so you get to pay for the same reruns multiple times
Competition should keep Streaming Providers from going too crazy with Pricing, if not, customers will choose which ones to subscribe to based on Content and their budget, just like they do now with Live TV Packages.

….and a lot of that content from those companies is not on Traditional Providers, but the vast majority of the content is streaming.

So what is your point?
My point continues. We never allowed such consolidation. Now only a handful of companies control all content. And will control the prices. There is no competition in this scenario! Dosent mater if its local channels owned by a few, or Major giant Corporations owning every movie studio, news outlets, cable companies. The list goes on and on.

My point continues. We never allowed such consolidation. Now only a handful of companies control all content.

I was born in the late 60’s, back then all Television content was controlled by 3, CBS, NBC, ABC and the extras went to the few independent UHF Stations .

Movies were Warner, Paramount, Universal, MGM and Columbia.

Not many choices back then either.

History shows us things will change, companies will be spun off, new ones will start, old ones will go out of business, what is happening now will change, it always does.
And will control the prices. There is no competition in this scenario!
Again, happened before, Cable had no competition, DBS Satellite came along, prices were stable for a little while, then started going out of control again, then streaming happened.

Once Cable/Satellite goes, then yes, Streaming will go out of control in pricing also, then something else will come along.

History shows us that.
Dosent mater if its local channels owned by a few
Local Channels are dying a slow death, just like Traditional Providers are.

• Sad
Reactions: AZ.
Get back to me when they all required me to sub to each other to sub to any of them and I'll care. Otherwise it's an ever-evolving landscape of content that I've enjoyed consuming on my own terms rather than the firehose of content and fees that DirecTV was and I continue to save thousands a year.

Reactions: Hart5150
I

ESPN+ has the same games as Center Ice,

No, no it doesn’t. Read up on it. I have both, and CI, or PP as it is now called if bought through ESPN, is larger.
I never want to watch it either,

Why do you keep saying that, it is proven, as of now, to be pro consumer because you can pay for what you want, not have to pay for what you do not want, unlike Traditional Live TV.

You do understand that you just contradicted yourself, right?

If you want anything on Peacock, you have to pay for EVERYTHING on Peacock. Just like cable, except, because many will walk away as the cost rise and many will “hop” services, the cost will be spread across far less people.

More bills, higher costs, less content.
Except you can choose what to subscribe to, unlike Live TV, even the less expensive packages you have to pay that per sub fee on a bunch of channels you will never watch.
Which button do I push to get Peacock without Hallmark, Euro soccer, women’s soccer, and melodramas?
Of course, everything goes up, do you think Traditional Providers are going to have a price freeze that allows streaming to catch up, of course not, it will go up also.
But not at the same rate. Real TV continues to be ultra-profitable. Streaming continues to not make any money at all, mostly. Yes, real TV will go up, probably at or near the inflation rate. Streaming’s bubble will eventually pop and the rates will skyrocket. It is how customer acquisition bubbles work.
A very small minority used the Big Dish back then, the vast majority stream now.
And both thought the situation as it was would last forever. It doesn’t.
Competition should keep Streaming Providers from going too crazy with Pricing, if not, customers will choose which ones to subscribe to based on Content and their budget, just like they do now with Live TV Packages.
Really? The Market works to set prices based on cost plus profit, not “competition” To make money they have to, and will, charge far more when the customer acquisition bubble bursts. If A is losing money and B is losing money and C is losing money, it doesn’t matter how much “competition” there is. They have to, eventually make money.

And, of course, currently a “traditional provider” ‘s package gives you everything you want. Now to get just all of the minority of sports that are on streaming only, you are looking at 6 different bills. Anti-consumer

Status
Please reply by conversation.