DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here's info for those interested in Gemini.

Attachments

• DIRECTV Gemini Hands On Review.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 363

"MysteryMan" I am a 30 year customer of Direct tv l heard you get both Gemini and Recevier free do you ?​

I have the DIRECTV Protection Plan Premier. After reading your post I called them at 1-855-422-1614 and asked them if there was a charge for upgrading and was told no, there is no charge for upgrading with any of the Protection Plans offered by DIRECTV. They do come with a 24 month renewed agreement. I next asked him if there was a charge for upgrading for those who do not subscribe to the Protection Plan. His answer was it depends on the account (meaning some accounts can get a free upgrade while others cannot).

"MysteryMan" is this for both Gemini and Recevier ?​

It depends on your current DIRECTV equipment. If you do not have a Genie (HR54 or HS17) then the Protection Plan would upgrade you with a Genie (most likely the HS17) and the Gemini. If you are currently using a HR54 they may want to upgrade you with a HS17 and the Gemini or they may let you continue using the HR54 and upgrade you with the Gemini. If you are currently using a HS17 then they will upgrade you with the Gemini.

MysteryMan" I am a 30 year customer like I said of Direct tv no​

DIRECTV Protection Plan Premier.I do have their highest sub package l heard you can both Gemini and Recevier free do I ask for a swap or an upgrade of my Genie and it should be the hr54 I want and Gemini?​

MysteryMan" I am a 30 year customer like I said of Direct tv no​

DIRECTV Protection Plan Premier.I do have their highest sub package l heard you can both Gemini and Recevier free do I ask for a swap or an upgrade of my Genie and it should be the hr54 I want and Gemini?​

There are three Protection Plan packages (DIRECTV Protection Plan...DIRECTV Protection Plan Premier...DIRECTV Protection Plan Premier+ Accidental Damage from Handling). The HR54 debuted in 2015. It has a 1 TB Hard Drive. It can be connected to a TV and works with Receivers, DVRs and Clients. For 4K service it needs a C61K-700 client. It works with one 4K stream at once...The HS17 debuted in 2016. It has a 2 TB Hard Drive. It is a headless server and cannot be connected to a TV. It only works with clients. For 4K service it needs a C61K-700 client. It works with two 4K streams at once...Both are rock solid performers. I have used both the HR54 and the HS17 but prefer the HR54. Only you can decide which is best for your needs. If you decide to upgrade and want the HR54 make sure the service rep puts that in your order. As I have posted earlier there are reports of people getting their upgrades free and others reporting they were charged. Remember, AT&T still owns 70% of DIRECTV and TPG owns 30% of DIRECTV with operational control. And as everyone knows AT&T excels at turning gold into lead.

MysteryMan" are you saying I should have one of the three plans and​

do I ask for a swap or an upgrade of my Genie and it should be the hr54 I want and Gemini?​

MysteryMan" are you saying I should have one of the three plans and​

do I ask for a swap or an upgrade of my Genie and it should be the hr54 I want and Gemini?​

Before I can give you a answer I need the following. Model numbers of you current DIRECTV equipment (Example: HR54-200, C61K-700). Are you currently subscribing to one of the Protection Plans?

"MysteryMan"

I was on the phone with Directv all day til I got an answer I got Gemini depatrmen finally got an answer Genie hr44-700 will work with Gemini device you need adapter part free to go in back of genie hr44 then you can hook it up to the Gemini she said Gemini not out yet​

NFL announced an exclusive Wild Card playoff game going to Peacock… can we hope DirecTV will finally make a deal with NBC/Peacock to distribute Peacock exclusives (Premier League Soccer, Big Ten Football/Basketball and the 2 NFL games) to commercial accounts?

For Premier League, Rugby and Cycling, NBCU already has their own platform for commercial establishments called NBC Sports Pub Pass
That I’m aware of but it currently is not ideal for the upcoming sports rights NBC picked up for Peacock if bar operators have to use the modified fire sticks they send, so I’m hoping that will be expanded to DTV distribution

That I’m aware of but it currently is not ideal for the upcoming sports rights NBC picked up for Peacock if bar operators have to use the modified fire sticks they send, so I’m hoping that will be expanded to DTV distribution
They are also owned by comcast

Status
Please reply by conversation.