DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The plus for Google and YTTV, it shows you can do a less expensive Live TV service that people want and do it without those legacy cost, installs, boxes, sending someone to a home if something is wrong, etc.
They don't have all the channels that other systems or streamers have that is why they are cheaper for now
They even tried to dump ESPN but that did not work out.

It's going to be interesting to see how they police this. If you're allowed to have up to three televisions and you stream this from your phone to a google device at work etc. Looking forward to seeing the new subscribers next year but I really wonder how many are actually out there.

They don't have all the channels that other systems or streamers have that is why they are cheaper for now
They even tried to dump ESPN but that did not work out.
You can be as negative as you wish about YTTV, but their growth ( and increasing every quarter) shows that a lot do not care about those missing channels.

Same for Hulu Live, they also do not have the RSNs, yet already over 4 Million.

The Traditional Providers with those missing channels, like the RSNs, are losing subscribers, like DirecTV, who has every channel including the RSNs, the Satellite Side alone had 22 Million subs in 2017, now about 10 Million.

Now with them picking up ST, shows a commitment to YTTV, Google is well known for dropping things quickly if not making money.

It's going to be interesting to see how they police this. If you're allowed to have up to three televisions and you stream this from your phone to a google device at work etc. Looking forward to seeing the new subscribers next year but I really wonder how many are actually out there.
they may need to police people trying to do that there own bar vs paying the much higher cost commercial rates.
What will the max muilt sterams be for NFL TICKET?

I have a friend who works there also and she said the opposite. They are hoping to work out a deal for the commercial rights but the same problem remains with regards to weather they came even just break even on it. The hope is that they can work something in with the new NFL Network contract next year But she confirmed 100% there is no commercial home for Sunday ticket next season as of right now
I think its too Soon to determine that.

no commercial home (USA)
vegas will not let that happen at the very least the sports books will get some feed.

as for other bars if there is no commercial deal then google will need to hire people to check bars looking for any ones that cheat.

no commercial home (USA)
vegas will not let that happen at the very least the sports books will get some feed.

as for other bars if there is no commercial deal then google will need to hire people to check bars looking for any ones that cheat.

The music licensing guys could double up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do wonder how many are calling DirecTV and what they are being told about ST leaving.

Might be a good time to try for some discounts because of it.

I do wonder how many are calling DirecTV and what they are being told about ST leaving.

Might be a good time to try for some discounts because of it.
Just re-upped mom's annual 12-month $40 off credit this month and she dropped her package again as she continues to learn to lean more on on-demand stuff. That only offsets the DirecTV fees (HD, DVR, DVR again, Mirroring) + $3 though.

NBC moving Days of our Lives to Peacock was a big help.

Why would Dish be interested in that, when they currently have almost zero presence in the bar/restaurant market?
Well, they then will have presence.

But I expect DirecTV to keep it, but since they are in pinching pennies mode, might take a little while for a agreement.

Well if the comments about wanting NFL Sunday Ticket but not wanting to pay for Directv are true, NFL Sunday Ticket will do very well on Youtube. I will believe it when I see it, however.
Already making plans, just bought $1500 worth of Google Play Cards with my Credit Card Points, redeemed them into my Google Account, re-started YTTV and waiting for the day NFLST is available to purchase.

Reactions: comp9
Already making plans, just bought $1500 worth of Google Play Cards with my Credit Card Points, redeemed them into my Google Account, re-started YTTV and waiting for the day NFLST is available to purchase.
I actually tried Youtube TV while on Vacation. No complaints.
do you think Directv will get the Redzone channel?
I forgot that Directv has its own version of the RedZone Channel. That will go away with the new deal. I would think they will keep the NFL version along with other Cable Companies. So I talked to coworkers about this new deal and they still won't buy it because they love the NFL version of Red Zone. If the NFL Red Zone channel was shut down I wonder how that would effect subscriber numbers in a positive way

I expect DirecTV will add the NFL Network's NFL Red Zone before next season.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk
I wouldn’t expect anything. They don’t even have a contract for NFL Network on DIRECTV Stream

You know it won't start till NEXT Season, right ...

Reactions: AZ.
Status
Please reply by conversation.