DIRT member: Has dishonline using web browser been abandoned?

wmcneil

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
Raleigh NC
As many others have reported, when I try and use dishonline via a web browser, the vast majority of the time it just spins forever at the "video loading" screen. I have a VIP 722K and Dish slingplayer, and bandwidth is not the issue, as when it connects (maybe 10% of the time) it works fine, with a nice quality picture. If a DIRT team member could reply with Dish's intentions for this feature, it would be appreciated.

Works for me even behind a firewall, UNLESS I have "inPrivate Filtering" turned on in the few times I've tried to access it through Internet Explorer 8. If that's turned on, it doesn't work. Same thing for Firefox, and if you are using the "private browsing" feature.

Mr Popper's Penguins? :eek: The one time you want DishOnline to fail, and it plays fine. Go figure.

Thanks for the replies....I know dishonline via web browser seems to be working fine for some folks, but for others it is very sporadic. I am using Firefox 14.0.1, and I am not using "private browsing". When it does connect, it works great. I have been testing this with a laptop connected to the same home network that my 722k/slingplayer is on, so it is not an issue with bandwidth or connectivity....At the moment as I type this, it seems to be connecting reliably, but earlier today and every time I tried it last week it hung at the "loading video" screen.....When I use the android DRA app on my smartphone it always seems to work, so that is further evidence that the problem is with using the web browser to connect (which is the primary use I want to use it for.)

I've had issues with it on the Android App and Dish Online but more issues with Dish Online than anything. I had issues at first on the Android App after their latest update but it seems to be more reliable now, quicker load times, improved frame rates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts