Disappointed lifetime members post HERE

I was shocked when I received a letter maybe a month and a half ago that Skyangel was shutting down. I had heard nothing about this. I remember reading years ago they were getting there own satelite. I don't know if they misjudged there ability to do things or mismanaged. Never the less I can not support them now after buying a lifetime subscription they will not honor. I am really disapointed at no integrity.

Could we Start a Class Action?

About 4 of my Family members Got the Lifetime membership and now we are to pay more to Dish network?
I never Seen anything that said that our lifetime membership should or would be changed?
I am Very disappointed int them and feel that they made off with Millions of our money at over $500 a piece How can this happen?
If any one knows of a way we can stop this Please let me know
Thanks
So Much and May God Bless the True christens

I forgive sky angel

As a disabled, retired elderly American Christian, I forgive the corporate people responsible for their decision to eliminate the only source of affordable and accessible christian tv programming available to many thousands of low income elderly christians who can not afford a broadband connection or those who live in an area as in north dakota where broadband will not be available for our lifetime. it was wonderful while it lasted. my family will miss it. this action is another sign of the last days approaching america. -- so far those of us who can still enjoy vision can read our bibles . In good faith, we too had "invested" in a LIFETIME membership. the hundreds of dollars paid by each of thousands of lifetime members if invested would over the years (we were among the first investors many years ago) have amounted to a healthy sum for the company, besides the thousands of monthly subcribers. we are aware of operating costs and satellite fees.

Believe it or not, Judgement Day is coming.

Last edited:
In good faith, we too had "invested" in a LIFETIME membership.

correct. And like all investments there are risks. And the lifetime wasn't truly a lifetime. It was for the life of Echo 3 or 2011 whichever came first.

SA decided to sell their 8 transponders they owned (but were only using two) to Dish Network therefore ending the contract..

Except that the sale was not fully disclosed to the lifetime class and it can be argued that this non disclosure had a significant impact on those lifetime contracts.

another website, corporate phone #

Sky Angel Dust Up? | Phil Cooke and The Change Revolution

this website has some more unhappy SA lifetimers, people appear to be heading towards some sort of a law suit........

Sky Angel headquarters is located in Naples, Florida and their telephone number is: 239-403-9130. Call them and tell them the truth. If you don't receive a return phone call, continue to call DAILY until you do.

Phil bought into sky angels lies and 1/2 truths. lets see someone find an old lifetime commercial from the founder, bob Johnson and post it on you tube. then we will actually see the whole truth of what was sold to us!

I read the comments on the link and feel no differently. While IPTV may or may not be the waive of the future the fact that this particular box is keyed to Dominion programming alone and knowing from past comments that the company has every intention of playing a programming gatekeeper role on it's paid subs still begs the question of HOW would non-Christians be evangelized, as is the clear implication.

Also, while we can debate that the premature loss of the bird occurred overnight the plans to transition to a new satellite should have already been in motion at that time.

It all seems like fuzzy thinking to me until such time as Dominion IPTV offers a package competitive to secular Family programming, concerns with respect to broadband access aside.

It would be curious to compare how GloryStar did what Dominion claimed to be shooting towards and now somehow has a model to offer it's "Faith Pak" of channels to anybody with a FTA receiver and antenna. I feel that approach is far more conducive to evangelizing the world than any plan to market a paid package of Faith programming that only devout Christians would even consider, much less even know about.

Full Disclosure- I am not nor have I ever been a SA subscriber. But it sounds to me like all of you "lifetimers" got cheated by so-called "Christian" businessmen who weren't really Christians.

Full Disclosure- I am not nor have I ever been a SA subscriber. But it sounds to me like all of you "lifetimers" got cheated by so-called "Christian" businessmen who weren't really Christians.

I think half of my displeasure (for lack of a better word) is that the DBS medium was good for me and that since the plan was always to have a satellite just how realistic was that goal and just why were they playing it so close to the vest till the end as to what was hindering the plan and just how far off they were?

Be that as it may, I think paying for evangelistic channels was always a bad idea in the first place, as I do with IPTV.

Long live GloryStar! Long may you spread the Good News that the Kingdom of God is at hand!

:up

The lifetimers who didn't read the entire contract which stated that SA could change anything at anytime without notice, are pretending no such clause existed. You can't blame a company for putting something in print and customers not reading that print.

Sky angel made those "changes" in the terms and conditions, long after the membership contract were sold.

Many who called the 800 #, just paid with a credit card and never signed a contract at all.

sky angel guranteed a minimum # of channels as well as launching a new satellite, both of which they did NOT honor

Sky angel made those "changes" in the terms and conditions, long after the membership contract were sold.

Many who called the 800 #, just paid with a credit card and never signed a contract at all.

sky angel guranteed a minimum # of channels as well as launching a new satellite, both of which they did NOT honor

If you agreed to sign up, you agreed to the contract. Your first payment sealed that deal.

If you look at the contracts they say that SA could change programming, etc. at any time w/out notice. I have yet to see a contract that doesn't say that.

posted elsewhere

I think this sheds some positive light on the claims of lifetimers:

Sky angels non dated cut off letter states, THIS IS AN EXACT QUOTE:
"the operating lifetime of the dominion sky angel domestic U.S. dbs service, or for the lifetime of the subscriber or spouse.

Sky angels website as of 2/03/2001 THIS IS AN EXACT QUOTE:
7."The Dominion DBS Television System has a contract for air time for the life of the EchoStar III DBS satellite (10-12 years). Long before the end of the EchoStar III DBS satellite life, Dominion will have launched its own DBS satellite "DVS-1" and will continue domestic U.S. as well as international DBS service on its owned and operated satellite after the life of the EchoStar III DBS satellite ends."
http://web.archive.org/web/20000817161203/www.skyangel.com/P ...

Lifetime members were mislead, and not even given the time of day when they called.
I hope that Sky angel can now see and remember what they were selling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts