Disaster

Status
Please reply by conversation.

geonaz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
Indian Trail, NC
I just connected to Directv yesterday, July 19. They gave me an HR21. I requested an HR24. I was told North Carolina has no HR24's. Yesterday things worked fairly well. The problems I had I attributed to my unfamiliarity with the system. Today I tried to watch one of the programs I had recorded. Whichever show I tried to watch would would lock the system and cause a reset. I spent about two hours watching the TV telling me "just a few more seconds". The two VOD shows and one History Int. show all did the same thing. I then decided to just watch CNN or MLB. Before I knew what Pres. Obama was going to say the screen froze and there was the Pres. and the Prime Minister of Great Britain standing there frozen in time. I think I better re-install Dish Network. I offered to buy an HR24 but was told again there are none available in NC. I am sure that is an untrue statement. Any suggestions for help would be appreciated.

Sorry that happened to you. About all I can say is that what you are experiencing is not normal. ie: There is nothing intrinsically wrong with DirecTV's service that would cause this to happen. I have four DVRs -- one of almost every vintage, from an HR20 to an HR24, and while I won't say there is "never" a problem, I could say that it is rare.

If you just had the system installed, I would call DirecTV and get someone out there to figure out what's going on. If there are no HR24s available, at the very least they could swap your unit for something else -- anything else -- to see if that fixes it.

Yeah I would let them know that you would like a HR24 swap it out or something.

Thanks guys, I have done all of those things suggested so far. When I called support they suggested two things. Either I was stupid or I was dishonest because they had a record of my request for an HR24. What I said to them was "If I must have the older unit at least give me one that worked." I know you never get everything you want. I want a Mercedes but I had to settle for a Hyundai but at least it works. Sorry, I can't resist a lame attempt at humor now and then. A tech is coming out tomorrow to attempt to fix or replace the HR21. Thanks again

Thanks guys, I have done all of those things suggested so far. When I called support they suggested two things. Either I was stupid or I was dishonest because they had a record of my request for an HR24. What I said to them was "If I must have the older unit at least give me one that worked." I know you never get everything you want. I want a Mercedes but I had to settle for a Hyundai but at least it works. Sorry, I can't resist a lame attempt at humor now and then. A tech is coming out tomorrow to attempt to fix or replace the HR21. Thanks again

Good luck on the fix. I am still waiting for mine to be installed. Hopefully the third time will be a charm :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ST/Premier Promo Offer?

Not quite frustrated yet...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)