Discovery Channel timers screwed up, anyone else?

wormil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2008
North Carolina
Anyone else having trouble with Discovery Channel DVR timers? I've always had problems with them but lately it's been really bad. My DVR is a 722 and it will want to record all episodes of one or several DC shows whether they are new or not and it will glut up the schedule causing conflicts galore. As a precaution I've moved all my DC timers to the bottom of the priority list but they still cause problems with one another. It's gotten so bad I ended up deleting a bunch of timers, it became too much hassle. Sometimes it will fix itself a day or two before it records but other times it will just record a bunch of old shows which I have to delete.

Tribune is not properly coding the programs. Receiver thinks a repeat is new.

I saw this problem on my old 622 as well and now see it on my 722k. Was told once to delete the timer and recreate it which works part of the time.

Not on Discovery, but lately my DVR has been recording repeats of shows on FOX and History for times set to 'new only.' How difficult is it for them to list the proper episode number and original air date? It also has skipped multiple new episodes. One was NBC just a night or two ago, another was on FX longer ago. During the NBC example I actually finished a DVR recording and when I exited out the show was half over on line tv. I was like 'crap! It's supposed to be recording this!' Upon further review in the episode info the episode number was '2'. It was definitely the 3rd episode of the new show "Go On". I know this because I watched the first two this week with the missus.

dan188 said:
the guide info is not made by dish. it comes from Tribune media. so the issue would be them. They pass the info to other providers as well but yes episode and original air dates are wrong frequently

Yes, tribune's info is frequently wrong and does not seem to be getting any better. I don't think it's much of a priority being as though it has been an ongoing issue for so long. :-(

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

You would think that Discovery would be on their ass about it. Also having problems with a few other channels... episodes will just disappear from the guide, sometimes they come back, sometimes they don't. It's very confusing and very aggravating.

I've been having the same issues with my 722. It also have been recording a 1 hour show for 2 hours. The second show is a completely different show. Discovery has also been doing their "Social Reloads" later in the week. Same show but with tweets... I hate these and they get recorded!

Not on Discovery, but lately my DVR has been recording repeats of shows on FOX and History for times set to 'new only.' How difficult is it for them to list the proper episode number and original air date? It also has skipped multiple new episodes. One was NBC just a night or two ago, another was on FX longer ago. During the NBC example I actually finished a DVR recording and when I exited out the show was half over on line tv. I was like 'crap! It's supposed to be recording this!' Upon further review in the episode info the episode number was '2'. It was definitely the 3rd episode of the new show "Go On". I know this because I watched the first two this week with the missus.

I had the same problem with Go On not recording. When I looked back in the schedule, it said that the episode was already recorded.

I've been having the same issues with my 722. It also have been recording a 1 hour show for 2 hours. The second show is a completely different show. Discovery has also been doing their "Social Reloads" later in the week. Same show but with tweets... I hate these and they get recorded!

I had a similar problem a few days ago although it was trying to record 8 hours. Rebooting fixed it.

Tribune is the problem. Example is next week, there are 2 days when they are doing Deadliest Catch marathons. Look at the info on the episodes. Tribune has coded them all with the same day. Next Tuesday all episodes show up as Episode:N/A with a date of 04-12-05. Same info for next Friday. If you want a real laugh, check out NBC at 2:05 am. They run a repeat of the previous days Hoda and Kathy Lee with the year being 1952.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts