Diseqc protocol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

timbear3

Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Florida
I am planning to use a positioning motor I bought a few days ago. I have read instructions of how to install it. Now I want to setup my Sonicview 360 elite box on how to address the motor. The motor instructions said that the motor protocol should be diseqc 1.2 . When I try to set the line diseqc it list only Mini A, Mini B, Port1, Port2, Port3 and Port4, that's all there is. Which of these should I use to command my motor from my box? Thanks.

I think

I think that just means the version...the older Diseqc was version 1.0

the settings are a different matter...

As long as your receiver does version 1.2 you should be ok..

I think...lol :)

I am planning to use a positioning motor I bought a few days ago. I have read instructions of how to install it. Now I want to setup my Sonicview 360 elite box on how to address the motor. The motor instructions said that the motor protocol should be diseqc 1.2 . When I try to set the line diseqc it list only Mini A, Mini B, Port1, Port2, Port3 and Port4, that's all there is. Which of these should I use to command my motor from my box? Thanks.

The "Mini A, Mini B, Port1, Port2," stuff you're seeing isn't for the motor, that is for setting up a diseqC switch. I'm not familiar with the menus in the Sonicview, but there should be a motor control menu of some kind, which will probably give you a choice between diseqC-1.2 and USALS or a GOTO-X function which is the same as USALS. the 1.2 part relates to the diseqC commands that are for positioner control. USALS is really just an additional diseqC-1.2 command.
If your motor is USALS compatable (probably is), then you probably should start out using that. regular diseqC-1.2 is more accurate, but USALS is much easier to set up. After you find sats with USALS, you can switch them over to diseqC-1.2 if you find that they need tweaking.

Status
Please reply by conversation.