Dish 1000.2 lbnf problem

rcicon

May 28, 2009
Syracuse, NY
I am receiving the 119 signal through the 110 lbnf and 129 through the 119 lbnf. I have no signal from 110 at all. I have covered the 129 and 110 and tried to reaim but cannot get 119 at all. Is it possible that the dish or arm is bent out of alignment? Is doesn't appear to be. I have replaced both the lbnf head and receiver with no change at all.

Laddyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 12, 2006
Central IL/SW FL/Big Island
Chances are it is just misalignment. If you're getting 119 on the 110 and 129 on the 119, you need to move the dish like 9 degrees to the west and probably increase the elevation a bit. If you foiled the outer LNBs and couldn't locate 119, your elevation is likely off.

Laddyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 12, 2006
The dish is set to what the zip code call for. Why would I have to increase elevation?

The only reason I suggested that was because you said you were missing 110 which sits a bit higher in the sky than 119 and 129. I can't say for sure if the elevation was off, you may have just been too far east all the time. Foil over the outer LNBs again and try to find 119 with the center (119) LNB. After going back and forth east to west and v.v., if you don't locate it, then adjust the elevation a couple of degrees up or down and sweep again. Using the recommended numbers is only an approxomation. It doesn't take much of a nonlevel starting point to make a significant difference in elevation of a couple degrees or so.

rcicon

May 28, 2009
Syracuse, NY
I tried it and no change 119 is nowhere to be found on the center lbnf. When I turned the dish 10 degrees +/- , 129 signal was still 42 % on center lbnf. I have had this same problem for about a year in different locations as the dish is mobile with my RV.

bross

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 3, 2008
New Jersey
If you're having problems aiming the 1000.2 dish, you might want to consider a good satellite meter. They aren't cheap, but they take all the guesswork out of alignment. The Birdog is a great meter for the 1000.2. It positively identifies the satellite and sends switch commands to the lnb to assure the right lnb is aimed at the correct satellite. Here's a link to the meter. Birdog USB Plus V 4.0 Satellite Signal Meter Finder - Positive Id Meter from Horizon
Sometimes you can pick up used ones on ebay, just don't get the earlier models that can't power the new 1000.2 lnb.

Laddyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 12, 2006
I tried it and no change 119 is nowhere to be found on the center lbnf. When I turned the dish 10 degrees +/- , 129 signal was still 42 % on center lbnf. I have had this same problem for about a year in different locations as the dish is mobile with my RV.

Bross's suggestion is probably the way to go for anyone having to do a lot of alignments. Moving and doing Check Switches can be really time consuming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts