SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Boston
Hello everybody
am from Boston , MA

am currently running receivers 722 ,2x301,311 and 211 on 2 DP44 switch's
i got setup for sat 61.5 , 110 and 119

but Dish sent me a letter telling me that the International channels are moving to the Sat 118.7!

so now i went to my local Dealer and told me to get the dish 1000+ to get the 110 ,118.7,119 and 129!

so here the problem now
if i do decide to get this new Dish that mean i cant get my Boston Locals in HD since no 61.5 ?

am wondering if the HD Boston locals are in one of the Sats in dish 1000+ or maybe i can hook the sat 61.5 ?

thx in advance for any help

This is a FREE upgrade from Dish. Call Dish using the telephone number in the letter they sent you. DO NOT GO TO ANY RETAILER/DEALER. Dish will arrange everything for you FREE OF ANY CHARGE OR COMMITMENT. If you go through a retailer on your own you will mess it up for yourself.

Dish will install the new system so that you will continue to receive ALL of your CURRENT services, including your locals. Dish pays for EVERYTHING: cables, switches, labor, etc., and even if you need to replace any old boxes, Dish will replace them, if necessary, at NO COST TO YOU.

Solution: simple, just call Dish at the number provided in the letter and the CSR will set it all up for you.

just wondering
dish is sending me a Dish 1000+
the DP44 only has for 4 sats locations
how can it pick up the 61.5 as a wing ?
do i need another Switch ?
can u tell me what kind of setup is required for this to pickup 110,118.7,119,129 and 61.5 as a wing dish

so this way i tell the Dish installer coming sometime next week

thx guys for the info

just wondering
dish is sending me a Dish 1000+
the DP44 only has for 4 sats locations
how can it pick up the 61.5 as a wing ?
do i need another Switch ?
can u tell me what kind of setup is required for this to pickup 110,118.7,119,129 and 61.5 as a wing dish

so this way i tell the Dish installer coming sometime next week

thx guys for the info

Why isn't Dish installing this for you? If you are a current subscriber to an international that is migrating to 118, then they will install everything you need at no cost and no commitment, and THEY WILL KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU NEED FOR YOU TO CONTINUE TO GET THE SAME SERVICES YOU ARE WHEN THE UPGRADE LETTER WAS SENT.

Make this easy on yourself. You really are complicating it for yourself. But do as you wish, at this point.

quick question

from what i understand between Sat 61.5 and 129 the diff is the locals on them right ?

or is there any other HD channels that one of them would not get ?

they are installing it
just want to know more about this

OK, GREAT! FYI: 118.7 is crammed with internationals and LIL, so be prepared for a slightly diminished, but noticeable, PQ. I'm not the only one who has stated on this board that the wings (148, in my case) did have superior PQ. However, you will get used to the softer, fuzzier look. Again all the internationals and some LIL all crammed at 118.7.

Also 118.7 is an FSS Ku band satellite, so they are going to install a larger dish because 118.7 FSS Ku operates a lower power than the DBS sats. A larger dish is required to receive sufficient signal strength from lower power 118.7 FSS Ku. They will also install the special dual band LNBF that will look at both 119 & 118.7. One LNBF for those 2 sats.
Good Luck!

quick question

from what i understand between Sat 61.5 and 129 the diff is the locals on them right ?

or is there any other HD channels that one of them would not get ?

The national HD channels are on both 61.5 & 129
locals & RSN's (Regional Sports Networks) are usually on one or another. Yours are on 61.5 (the HD feed)

they are installing it
just want to know more about this
ok...as dishsubla stated and advised. Let Dish take care of this for you. Quitr frankly there is no need ot be concerned about your setup. The Tech will know what to do.
Unless you plan on tampering,. yes tampering wiht your system there is no need for you to be concerned.
If anything, write down a couple of questions and ask them of the tech. But wait until he gets the work completed.
Issues such as the placement of the dish, routing of the cables, drill penetrations and placement/connnections of receivers are a rightful concern ands these things you should cover before work commences. There isn't a need for you to be in on every techinical aspect of the job.
The stuff the tech does to your home is of course very important. But the tech's knowledge is why you've hired a professional to do the work. Without trying to appear mean, plase allow the tech to do his work.
If you have a few questions about satellites/ recpetion save those questiuons for after the work. Please let us do our jobs.
Remember while at your home our time os your time within certain limits. However please be mindful that your tech has other customers that day as well. PLease be considerate of them.

ok...as dishsubla stated and advised. Let Dish take care of this for you. Quitr frankly there is no need ot be concerned about your setup. The Tech will know what to do.
Unless you plan on tampering,. yes tampering wiht your system there is no need for you to be concerned.
If anything, write down a couple of questions and ask them of the tech. But wait until he gets the work completed.
Issues such as the placement of the dish, routing of the cables, drill penetrations and placement/connnections of receivers are a rightful concern ands these things you should cover before work commences. There isn't a need for you to be in on every techinical aspect of the job.
The stuff the tech does to your home is of course very important. But the tech's knowledge is why you've hired a professional to do the work. Without trying to appear mean, plase allow the tech to do his work.
If you have a few questions about satellites/ recpetion save those questiuons for after the work. Please let us do our jobs.
Remember while at your home our time os your time within certain limits. However please be mindful that your tech has other customers that day as well. PLease be considerate of them.

i completely agree with u on this
just wanted to know more about this
i don't wanna waste time to the tech guy but its always good to know more about this since dish got about more sat's locations that i can think of
LOL!!!

thx for the info
and if u guys have any other input on this please let me know

the tech guy finish the installation yesterday
so now i get all 5 sats locations ( 61.5-110-118-119 and 129)

he also said that Dish is all mess up with all the dish locations
all he told me is they should have had all the National HD channels on 1 dish and all HD locals on another sort of what Directv has .....

this all new to me

but wanted to thank everybody that help me here

and if u got any other info let me know;)

What do you need 129 for?

They should have left it disconnected, then there would be no fiddleing with DP21 switches.

What do you need 129 for?

They should have left it disconnected, then there would be no fiddleing with DP21 switches.

he said it was my choice
he told just in case dish decides to change other thing on the sat's

was a good tech guy
he took the time to explain everything he was doing