DISH 2016 CES Press Event

Ah so each 3 TVs are in use, a DVR timer would automatically go to the 4th tuner? If I'm reading that correctly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Correct. The DVR will pick a free tuner whether for live viewing or recording. No tuners are tied to or specifically alloyed to an individual Hopper or Joey.

So I have one more kinda stupid question. I understand that the shows you record to your pvr are encrypted (for obvious reasons) but is there anyway when upgrading from a Hopper with sling to te Hopper 3, I WILL be able to keep all my dvr'ed recordings and restore them to my new hopper 3???

So I have one more kinda stupid question. I understand that the shows you record to your pvr are encrypted (for obvious reasons) but is there anyway when upgrading from a Hopper with sling to te Hopper 3, I WILL be able to keep all my dvr'ed recordings and restore them to my new hopper 3???
Yes. Fastest way is to copy them to an external hard drive. Apparently there will also be a slower hopper to hopper transfer via Ethernet cable.

Yes. Fastest way is to copy them to an external hard drive. Apparently there will also be a slower hopper to hopper transfer via Ethernet cable.
Not really slower. It will be the same speed as it will be using the same USB2.0 connection.

You can off load all your HWS recordings to a EHD and play them off there on the Hopper 3. I have done it going from 922 to Hopper and Hopper to HWS.

Ah so each 3 TVs are in use, a DVR timer would automatically go to the 4th tuner? If I'm reading that correctly
Correct, and to be honest it really don't matter what tuner it goes to, as its going to go to a tuner. The only reason its numbered is so that you know you have 16 tuners and the number of tuners you are actually using.

The Hopper series uses a USB tuner. No room for that huge OTA duo tuner in a Hopper.

I can't say one tuner out performs the other, as I live in a strong signal area.

Well I guess it'll now depend upon how many USB ports Hopper 3 has on it. I would assume that putting on two of the USB OTA tuners would give me the same functionality I have now. That is, of course, subject to verification.

At least now I know what I'll be doing in the future.

Well I guess it'll now depend upon how many USB ports Hopper 3 has on it. I would assume that putting on two of the USB OTA tuners would give me the same functionality I have now. That is, of course, subject to verification.

At least now I know what I'll be doing in the future.
The original Hopper and the second Hopper do NOT allow multiple OTA adapters to be connected. Only a single one is recognized. Given the level of OTA support Dish gives lately, I doubt they've changed this with the newest Hopper.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

:eek:

I drive by at least 4 Bojangles every day on the way to work and back! :D

You should have stayed in the Carolinas instead of moving back out west!

I have never ate at one. They have been around in North Alabama for quite a while. There are a lot around Birmingham where I work, and then there are some in the Shoals area that are probably no more than 40-50 miles from where I live, but I've never tried one.

I have never ate at one. They have been around in North Alabama for quite a while. There are a lot around Birmingham where I work, and then there are some in the Shoals area that are probably no more than 40-50 miles from where I live, but I've never tried one.
Can't wait to hear from you after you have tried one out! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)